melloeric71

Sealant call out sheet

Is there such a thing as a sealant call out sheet for campers?  If so where do I get one. The sealant call out sheet is specific and describes which of sealant to use in a particular area of your camper. 

2012 forest river salem quad bunkhouse travel trailer. 

Edited by melloeric71

Never heard of that.  The sealant doesn't know where it is, so get one that will work on what ever you wish to use it.

2 hours ago, melloeric71 said:

Is there such a thing as a sealant call out sheet for campers?  If so where do I get one. The sealant call out sheet is specific and describes which of sealant to use in a particular area of your camper. 

First things first. Welcome to the forum. What camper are we talking about? 

Bill

It is a 2012 forest river salem quad bunkhouse travel trailer. I know which dicor sealants to use on my epdm roof. Was looking more for the sides, windows and compartment bay doors. Or is it all the same.  I thought they had an industry standard from what I read. 

2 hours ago, melloeric71 said:

It is a 2012 forest river salem quad bunkhouse travel trailer. I know which dicor sealants to use on my epdm roof. Was looking more for the sides, windows and compartment bay doors. Or is it all the same.  I thought they had an industry standard from what I read. 

Newmar has specific guidelines for sealants; I would ask Forest River for advice.

4 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

I would ask Forest River for advice.

That is good advise. My only recommendation is self leveling where it is flat and the regular where it is at a angle and could run off. The biggest thing is to clean and prep what you are sealing.

Bill

On 10/21/2023 at 1:06 PM, melloeric71 said:

I would suggest burying the Dicor and using Sikaflex 715 on your EPDM roof. It is a superior product @ a superior price.  
Sikaflex 715
With Sikaflex there is no going on the roof and looking for cracks every 6 months, like with Dicor.
Sikaflex stretches with out cracking.

On the sides I use DAP ALEX PLUS 40 year clear, from Home Depot.
It has worked well on my old Bounder for 23 years.

Richard

Edited by rls7201

Agree with Richard. If you get a large tear, i use EternaBond tape. I had a tear from a low limb, EternaBond has worked well for more than 10 years   

Winnebago products has one for each year and model MH, don't know about towables.

Edited by rayin