bassbass63

2000 Fleetwood Bounder Wiring Diagram

I clipped a tree the other month and pulled the bumper away from the frame (about 6 inches). Since then I have had problems getting it to start (no power at ignition switch/dash).

Then the other day my steps stopped working and are now stuck in the open position making the motorhome unmovable.

I would like to have a wiring diagram to help me trouble shoot the electrical problem

Thank You

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Have you contacted Fleetwood for the wiring diagram?

Assume you have verified that the batteries are not discharged-- read 12+ VDC.

And, first thing I would check is any wiring in the damaged area to look for cut or shorted wires.

Then check all chassis 12 VDC fuses.

Next, do any accessories such as dash HVAC fan operate with the key is in the on position? If not, check that the IGNITION SOLENOID (not starter solenoid) is working.

Brett

Second the Welcome !

You could have pulled some of the chassis wires loose and they are installed by Freightliner.

I'm going with you pulled the rear bumper loose? 

The starter issue and some of the others could be appearing because the loose part(s) are allowing the wiring harness to be moving in areas of the frame and shorting out items to ground or even pulling wires loose from other connections at the rear of the coach.

Do thew marker lights, brake and turn signals work?

Rich.

bassbass63.

Give a call to Fleetwood Tech dept. more than likely they can pdf you a wiring schematic of a 1999 or 2000 Bounder.  Have your FIN# & Vin# handy!

On 12/1/2011 at 10:26 AM, bassbass63 said:

I clipped a tree the other month and pulled the bumper away from the frame (about 6 inches). Since then I have had problems getting it to start (no power at ignition switch/dash).

Then the other day my steps stopped working and are now stuck in the open position making the motorhome unmovable.

I would like to have a wiring diagram to help me trouble shoot the electrical problem

Thank You

Am I imagining this or is this post 7 years old?

But it was interesting and his advice was right on the money.;)

So was Carl's.:lol: I won't remind him of the times he has raged on me for doing that. :P

Bill