Sign in to follow this  
mtpizza

Entegra Motor Home

My wife and I are looking at the possibility of purchasing an Entegra Aspire MH. Anyone with experience in owning one who would like to share their experiences with that make and wanting to share them would be greatly appreciated. We currently have a 03 Travel Supreme Select and the Entergra appears to be the replacement to the Travel Supreme.

Thanks for your replies.

Tim

Tim,

I don't have experience with Entegra, but I can give you some history. Some people from Newmar broke away and started Entegra. They felt that they could build a coach of equal quality as Newmar at a cheaper price. Both coaches have strong points and both are quality coaches. You didn't mention which model you were looking at, but between the two manufacturers there are equal models. I'm partial to Newmar having looked at both coaches, there were some intangibles about the Newmar that I liked better. If you're buying a new unit Newmar will let you make whatever changes you like (within reason). There are many Newmar owners that ordered their unit with upgrades specific to them. With the Entegra you have to take it the way it comes, the factory won't vary from their established options/floor plan. If you like what they offer and like the Entegra floor plan it is a good choice, but you may want to look at a comparable Newmar for comparison.

We have the 2011 Aspire and love the coach and the service. They come with a two year warranty, not one. They just replaced our fogged windows...manufacture defect at the two years point. They were so nice about it. PM me if you have any questions or post here. Driving from TX to SC in another week. Our second similar trip since Jan, drives like a dream.

2011 Entegra Aspire 40DRQ

I have looked long and hard at what my next motorhome will be and It will be a Entega Anthem. Its made better(my opinion) and is the best priced luxury motorhome bar none. Its at least 40-50K cheaper than anyone out there in a comparable unit option for option. It kicks Tiffins butt big time in quality and price.

Just back from trip Austin to St Matthews, 2550 miles RT. 8.4 mpg whether 60, 65, 70 mph.

Must say the first 12 hours in the driver seat is comfortable.

We love our Entegra. No reservations whatsoever.

We have the 2011 Aspire and love the coach and the service. They come with a two year warranty, not one. They just replaced our fogged windows...manufacture defect at the two years point. They were so nice about it. PM me if you have any questions or post here. Driving from TX to SC in another week. Our second similar trip since Jan, drives like a dream.

2011 Entegra Aspire 40DRQ

we are looking at a DRQ or a DEQ 42, is there a dealer you would recommend?

twosail@earthlink.net

I have looked long and hard at what my next motorhome will be and It will be a Entega Anthem. Its made better(my opinion) and is the best priced luxury motorhome bar none. Its at least 40-50K cheaper than anyone out there in a comparable unit option for option. It kicks Tiffins butt big time in quality and price.

Your opinion only. When we were looking at new (prior to our used CC purchase) the Tiffin beat the Entegra hands down. Just push on the cabinet walls in both. The custom chassis on the Tiffin was far superior to the Entegra (IMO).

So you see there are different opinions. Your best bet is to test drive and investigate all models you are considering. Go to a show (Hershey coming up in Sept.) and compare and test drive all models to see which feels and looks better.

Just got back from the FMCA Midwest rally and Entegra was there represented by RV One. All the coaches I saw had signs in them that said 3 year warranty. Most members there were very impressed with the new coach models that were there and rumor has it, they sold 6 while there.

I've been studying the RV Consumer Group ratings and noticed that all the Entegra models are only rated for snowbirding vs fulltiming (Newmar).

Do any of you experienced fulltimers have any opinion on the RVCG ratings concerning this?

Not familiar with RVCG but in general, snowbirds don't have the need for storage space that full timers will want/need. The size and arrangement of basement storage as well as the quantity and quality of cabinet space will be more important to full timers. Also, full timers will put more wear and tear on a coach so the durability of the furnishings become more important. The quality of appliances, faucets, toilet, etc. will all be more important to full timers. Other factors like insulation which will make the coach more comfortable, adequate heating and cooling capability, awnings, etc. will all be used more often and possibly in more extreme conditions than in a coach used by snowbirds. These may be just a few of the things that RVCG might be considering in making a statement like that.

We've owned a Winnebago, two Tiffins and now a 2014 Entegra 44 DLQ Anthem. I don't know about Newmar, but as far as Winnebago and Tiffin they don't hold a candle to Entegra. Also the Spartan chassis that Entegra rides on is one of the premier chassis. Spartan tech service is awsome to deal with if you have a problem. While Tiffins customer service has a reputation for being very good, Entegras is at least as good plus Entegra has a two year warranty. We also are full time and have plenty of storage. Entegras have great insulation including the front and rear cap, so we are very comfortable with both hot and cold temperatures.

I guess it would really depend on which models you are comparing to the Anthem. Since this is a mid range Entegra, which Winnie or Tiffin models are you comparing? Even the Allegro Bus from Tiffin has a much lower price point than the Anthem. You really should be more specific to be fair on the comparisons.

Medico, we had a Winnebago Vectra, a 2007 40' Allegro Bus, and a 2011 Allegro Bus 43 QGP.. The price point on the Anthem is comparable when you consider the options on the bus that are standard on the Entegra Anthem.

We purchased our 2013 Aspire DEQ 42 from RVOne at the Hershey RV show in Sept of 2012 and picked it up in March. Even though we didn't make any modifications (we didn't even ask) there are very few things we would change. We love everything about it. Customer service is superb. Ride fantastic. Pricing great. A new chapter, Entegra Owners, is in the process of being formed here at FMCA.

Entegra Coach is a division of Jayco. Travel Supreme is the forerunner. You can pm me if you wish.

We own a 2006 Affinity 730 with 39,000 miles. It is beautiful and we love it, but we are thinking about selling it and purchasing the Entegra 45 Cornerstone. Does anyone have any experience with this model? We looked at the Tiffin Allegro Bus 45 and the "cost price" is approximately $130,000. more for a Cornerstone. We realize the Cornerstone has a 600 hp engine, but are not sure that is really necessary?

I guess it would really depend on which models you are comparing to the Anthem. Since this is a mid range Entegra, which Winnie or Tiffin models are you comparing? Even the Allegro Bus from Tiffin has a much lower price point than the Anthem. You really should be more specific to be fair on the comparisons.

Are you sure?? Last year I went option for option bolt for bolt on a Anthem and Allegro bus. As close as apples to apples as possible and the bus was $60K more.

We own a 2006 Affinity 730 with 39,000 miles. It is beautiful and we love it, but we are thinking about selling it and purchasing the Entegra 45 Cornerstone. Does anyone have any experience with this model? We looked at the Tiffin Allegro Bus 45 and the "cost price" is approximately $130,000. more for a Cornerstone. We realize the Cornerstone has a 600 hp engine, but are not sure that is really necessary?

The Cornerstone is the top of the Entegra line. I do not however think it compares to your CC. The Affinity, in 2006, was probably $770K or more (My Magna was $671K and the Affinity in a small step up from the Magna) What you will gain is newer electronics, etc. But what might you have to give up?? The CC is one step away from the Prevost/Foretravel group of coaches. New Cornerstones can be had for $450K to $500K.

Are you sure?? Last year I went option for option bolt for bolt on a Anthem and Allegro bus. As close as apples to apples as possible and the bus was $60K more.

According to this dealer an Anthem can be had for about $344K. When I was checking the Allegro Bus (MSRP of $415K) I was seeing offers in the $350K range. I could not find a price this morning on my quick check, but I suspect they are very close. They are far closer than the $60K you mention.

We purchased a 2013 Entegra Aspire(new)42 DEQ. Previously owned a 2003 Monaco Camelot(purchased new). We enjoyed our Monaco and it served us well, but we absolutely LOVE our Entegra. Service is OUTSTANDING, the company builds a great coach for the price. A previous comment was made regarding poor construction of the walls. I suggest you view the recently released videos of the construction of the Entegra, I believe they would put to rest any doubt of the quality of construction. IMHO..also suggest reading FMCA Magazine(Nov. 2013) article by Mark Quasius)cover story features 2014 Entegra Aspire. Very objective and well written article. By the way, Mark owns an Allegro Bus.. Do your research,many good coach builders, including those mentioned..you have to be happy with your purchase, WE LOVE OUR ENTEGRA!! :)