otreadway

Michelin XRV Tire Availability

I want to replace the Michelin XRV 235/80R22.5 tires on my motorhome using the FMCA Michelin program.

However, my local Michelin dealer is unable to locate the tires and they are on backorder from Michelin.

Anyone know of any dealers in VA, NC or SC with the XRV's in stock?

Thanks.

otreadway, Welcome to the FMCA fourm !

You might try to call Michelin at 1-866-866-6605 and see if there is a distributor that has them in stock.

Rich.

I had the same problem 2 years ago, the dealer suggested I go with XZE tires, which are readily available. I did and am very pleased with no noticeable changes in ride, handling or noise level. An additional benefit is that, if you ever had a problem on the road and needed a replacement tire, it would be much more likely that a correct tire would be available.

I guess the only good thing is the tires will be as new as possible instead of being in someone's back shelf for a couple years. I ordered 6 at the end of June. I'm off work since February when my neck surgery didn't turn out as hoped. I'm now able to drive and was hoping to get them before I go back to work. We haven't been able to go anywhere this year. Tires are in bad shape and the tire dealer is thankfully only 10 miles away. I'm sure they are producing them as quick as possible, but the tires are all going to the Ford chassis plant first.

cfsoistman, Welcome to the FMCA forum !

I checked into to possibility of replacing tires a month ago and was informed that both the XRV and XZE series tires where on a 5 to 6 month back log.

Not what one wants to hear !

I like to take advantage of the FMCA discount, but that does not appear to be an option at the time.

Rich.

My Michelin dealer told me about a month ago that all the tires that Michelin can manufacture are going to the motorhome chassis builders. He has two customers that have been waiting 3 months for tires.

I contacted a tire dealer in OR a couple of weeks ago about getting four new shoes after the Redmond Rally. He had a few XZEs (295/80R22.5) coming in that week so he put four aside for me with an install appointment for Aug18. Sometimes it pays to plan ahead. :)

XZEs are available in PAs Service Tire Company's network of 40 stores. Had six put on last week and saved $102 per tire thanks to FMCA. They seem to be a big outfit to me, but hopefully, if they have them others do.

No difference in the ride to me.

I was told today that XRVs were on back ordered thru mid-August. Ask the dealer to check on the Xbox. I need 245/70R19.5 (Ford Chassis) so I'm concerned about the ride of the XZEs vs. xrvs. I currently use Goodyear G670s but the FMCA deal is too good to pass up on the Michelins.

I ordered 6 Michelin 235/80r22.5 XZE tires mid May and finally had them installed July 15. The tires had a date code of 2314 so they are pretty fresh. These are replacements for the aged out XZE tires from 2004 that still had a great appearance and tread. I noticed a much improved ride with the new tires as i believe the old tires were much harder or stiffer due to their age.

Many thanks to FMCA for a nice discount! :)

Michelin began manufacturing the XRV in late May production line. I've ordered them from my local tire dealer in mid-June and the dealer has received 6 XRV 235/8022.5 a couple of weeks ago. His Michelin distributor is located in Houston, TX.

Unfortunately, my coach is stuck in service at Camping World North Little Rock while they are trying to fix a hydraulic leak in my Kwikee jack system. Hopefully, they'll complete the work soon so that I may have my tires installed. By the way, is anyone familiar with Kwikee system. Camping World advised that there is no replacement available for the control panel.

With the trouble I've had with Camping World, I'm not sure if I should believe them or not.

Grocedm,

Can you supply the model number of your jack system and the Part number of the control panel?

Then the group can offer some feedback to your issue.

Rich.

Note: Could you post your jack question regarding parts in the Leveling Thread. The jack question is not a common question in the tire thread!

My local STTC Dealer located 6 XRV 235/80R 22.5 tires for me. He reached out to their other locations and found that 3 of their other stores had 2 in stock. They arrived at his shop on this past Friday and we're set up for install next Thursday morning. These stores had received them earlier this spring.

I've been checking tire stores in Oregon for XRV 305/70R/22.5 with no luck. I understand that Michelin is the only manufacturer that makes a 305. In the process of asking around for a suitable replacement size. Have emailed Michelin about this, but no reply yet. Anyone else having problems locating 305's?

Got my tires this morning. I ordered them at the end of May and they were backordered from Michelin. I contacted Michelin and got the reply of they are available for their dealers to order but no date of when they would ship. Thankfully the Michelin dealer here is the same tire center that the company I work for uses. Service Tire Truck Centers has a location 10 miles from my house. The fellow I dealt with started contacting their other location after he wasn't able to get a shipping date from Michelin. My 6 tires came from 3 locations out of state. Thankfully they all transferred the tires to him and I'm good to go. Total for all 6 tires, sales tax, mounting and balancing, and new valve stems $2720.81 This was $750.10 cheaper than the qoute I received from Camping World for the tires and sales tax only. The CW in my area doesn't have a tire machine large enough to handle the 22.5" wheels. They could get a truck tire center close by to break down the tires and balance them for an additional cost. So that would be another $400 or so. We're hitting the road next Tuesday with our granddaughters for a few days of camping. Thank you to S.T.T.C. for going the extra mile to get my tires.

I checked everywhere in Ohio and on line, got a small bite from SimpleTire.com they claimed there were only four tires nationwide of that size XRV 235 80R 22.5 Michelin at a cost of $447 plus FET of $47.00 plus shipping costs and they did not participate in the FMCA program. I tried to get him to lower the cost since the tires were 2013 year dated but he would not budge. So I am going locally with Toyo Brand tires for the 4 rear tires at a cost of $372.00 per tire size 245 75R 22.5. I did check all my rear tires that are currently installed and they are mixed left side is 245 75R 22.5 Goodyear tires but right side rear is Michelin 235 80R 22.5 tires. Noting tires are not to be mixed sizes on the same axle so maybe a good thing I'm changing them and the year date on all the rears is 2001 which is real bad. I will get them changed Friday.

The front tires are Michelin 235 80R 22.5 and both were installed in 2011 when I purchased the MH from a dealer so they are good.

I spent a great deal of time trying to find the 255x80r22.5 tires for my Meridian. I finally contacted Michelin and they recommended that I use the XZE instead of the XRV. After comparing SPECs, I found a SNIDER FLEET Solutions Dealer near me who was able to get me a set full set of DOT 2714 (July 2014) XZE's installed today. The deal through FMCA Advantage, and the friendly helpful service from the SNIDER service shop are truly exceptional.

I just drove home on the new tires, and I feel like a kid with a brand new pair of sneakers. Heading outside to treat my new tires with water based 303 Aerospace Protectant.

As a follow up to my previous comments. Since RV tires are subject to aging issues, it's a good idea to plan ahead and schedule your replacement before you have a failure. Dealers want to be able to supply the newest tires possible for our RV's which means we we need to order them and give them enough lead time possibly weeks or even a couple of months to get them ordered. I learned this the hard way almost my 8 year old tires had started to show some cracking.. Up till then I had never heard of the 5-7 year from DOT date rule.

Aug. 18, Superior Tire Service in Eugene, OR., replaced 7 tires on my coach. 1 was a 315 to match the one I got in Houston on front axle, the other 6 are 295's. Now have 8 new tires....the ride is greatly improved, and so is peace of mind.

One of the 7, they replaced on my right tag at Epox Center in Redmond...it was flat. All old tires where DOT July 09. Current 8 are July 14 and one DOT Apr 14. FMCA Fleet program and no tax in OR. saved $ 2,019. All I had to do is call the 888 number, give my CC number and billing address....that was it. Paid labor, balancing to dealer and got tire receipt by Email. :D

Carl C.

AMC Tradition 45Y, 2010

I want to replace all 6 of mine XRV 255/80R22.5 Michelin tires, they are 7 yrs old look great no side wall cracks at all, tread wear even, have always kept proper pressure and not overloaded.

On Aug. 5th I ordered new tire from my local dealer and he told me 4 to 6 weeks which I could live with but now after reading the FMCA forum I did some checking.

Today Michelin told me that the tires are not in production and as far as the Rep. knew it would be 4 weeks before they would start production of that size tire. Michelin recommends that you change your tires before 10 yrs no matter how good your tire look, that's if you can get them. They told me they want me to be a happy customer and give me good service, well I am not happy and as for the service it, what service?

I really don't want to change from Michelin but I am considering Goodyear or Toyo.

Does anyone have any recommendations on which brand would be the best to change too.

What about the take offs? Is there any value as trailer tires or are the tires disposed with and a fee for that? I currently have 275/80R22.5 XZA3 that are 7 years and 4 months old. I'm studying, thinking of getting tires at Love's Truck Stop in Ontario, Or if possible.

It's been a long wait, but I just got word that the South Carolina Michelin warehouse has the Michelin XRV 235/80R22.5 tires in stock. Just wanted to post an update for anyone looking for XRV's.

I heard the same "Not Available" delivery problems from the dealers in the Seattle area. I decided to go with the Toyo M-154 in 265/75R22.5/14. I will report how they drive after getting them installed next week. Big price difference, $3136 vs. $4721 for the Michelin 255/80R22.5 XRV.

I had the same problem finding XRV's or any 255/80R22.5 Michelins so I also went with the Toyo M-154. Texas to California and no problems. I don't know if I could ever tell the difference.

I can't find any Michelin XRV 305/70 R 22.5 tires anywhere in the Mid Atlantic. I have checked with Newmar, since I have a 43ft Mountain Aire and they sent me to the chassis manufacturer. I called Workhorse and they sent me to their dealers in the DC area. Over a week now and no one has an answer on a replacement tire! I have too many years on the current tires to make any trip. Every Michelin dealer says the tire size I need is on back order and no one knows when they will get them. All say they are afraid to make a recommendation of a replacement tire.

Any suggestions out there?

Beeze2