emmaisacat

Tiffin/Phaeton 36 GH vs Fleetwood 36 J 2014/2015

I am interested these 2 motorhomes. Do you concur that they are in the same "quality" neighborhood?

If there are any owners of either of these two motorhomes, can you provide some input?

Also some tips when purchasing new or used from a dealer.

Suggest that you go to http://www.tiffinrvnetwork.com and ask your questions there. Don't know of a similar forum for Fleetwood, but you might get some info on the Fleetwood along with the Phaeton from the Tiffin network.

The Tiffin network has no connection to Tiffin Motorhomes other than most of the members are Tiffin owners. As a long time Phaeton owner, I would definately go with the Tiffin.

Good Luck.

They are not the same quality. My first two motorhomes were Fleetwoods. I'm not bashing Fleetwoods I enjoyed them both.

My third and fourth were and are Tiffins. the Tiffins far exceed the quality of the Fleetwoods. but even more importantly the customer service you receive from Tiffin motorhomes is second to none.

They are not the same quality. My first two motorhomes were Fleetwoods. I'm not bashing Fleetwoods I enjoyed them both.

My third and fourth were and are Tiffins. the Tiffins far exceed the quality of the Fleetwoods. but even more importantly the customer service you receive from Tiffin motorhomes is second to none.

+1 on that. :)

You said that you are looking at a Phaeton 36 GH, but you did not say which FW you are considering. There are four different models of FW.

Is it correct that Fleetwood and Tiffin are 2 of the few Class A producers who manufacture a lot of what goes into the unit? Others like Thor assemble from parts provided elsewhere?

Is it correct that Fleetwood and Tiffin are 2 of the few Class A producers who manufacture a lot of what goes into the unit? Others like Thor assemble from parts provided elsewhere?

I know of no RV manufacturer who makes there own refrigerator, heaters, A/C's, stoves, engines, transmissions, axles, etc.

You might want to consider going on a factory tour to learn more about these motorhomes. Tiffin offers a tour in Red Bay, Alabama. Not sure about Fleetwood. You will learn more from seeing the components than anyone can tell you.

As I stated earlier, FW makes four models: Providence, Discovery, Expedition and Excursion. There is no such model as a FW 36J, it must be one of the four previously mentioned...if I had to guess, I'd say it's a Discovery...?