Sign in to follow this  
elkhartjim

A/C, T-stat Problem

My mh is in the shop for new flooring. The installer called and said the a/c was not working.

Symptoms:
The t-stat will not control anything.
The rear unit is running fan only and will not turn off via t stat.
The front unit will not run at all.
The stat does indicate temp.

Since I'm not there I'm going off memory. I think its a Duo therm comfort control stat. I do have heat pumps.

Any suggestions?
2008 Fleetwood Bounder
Thanks.

Good morning Jim,

Could you post the control module and thermostat model numbers.

Check the IP data cable running between the too. Looks like a phone cable.

Your problem does not sound like the thermostat control is an issue, but one cannot rule them out.

Fan motors do not use starter caps. EDIT>I lied ! There is one, located on another area of the drawing. :angry: Did need that cup of coffee !!!

DC present on the main control board or you would not have the rear fan. So take a look at the connections on the control module. you need to get 12 volts up to the relays in the AC units to get them to run.

Also, check to make sure that the 120 volt AC breakers did not get tripped.

Got to check some information on the wiring. It's not good for me to start posting before the AM Coffee. !!!

Rich.

One problem, Rich, the motorhome is 225 miles away. Ernie Eckberg is installing new flooring. I can't be there until mid morning tomorrow.

Thanks.

Hopefully Ernie knows how to operate the stat. On mine you have to select the zone 1 or 2 first then the mode off/heat/AC/heat pump/fan only then the fan speed of hi/lo or auto.

Fixed. My Deisel Bounder Forum buddies came through. Pull the fuse behind the t-stat cover, wait 15 seconds, replace the fuse and don't push any buttons for 30 seconds.

It is now working properly.

It is caused by RF interference from a fluorescent ballast going bad.

Thanks for the help from all.

Now you know, Mr. Ernie.

I'm finding that Ernie is not only a quality craftsman but a pretty decent rv tech too.

Brett, you may remember its a pet peeve of mine. It is just common courtesy to let those that offered help know the results.

I trust everyone had a safe and happy 4th celebrating our countrys independence.