Eudora

Induction Cooktop Replacement

We got a Summit induction cooktop with our new Phaeton 36. On the lowest setting (#1) it simmers. On #2 and above thru #8 is simply burns. A joke for cooking. Can't even make rice! And we do use top quality induction cookware!

Has anyone replaced this unit with another? If so, which one and how does it perform?

It looks like your unit is defective. We have a Samsung induction range at home and a Burton single burner induction that we use in the motorhome. Both work perfect with good temp control.

I know how other induction cooktops work! We've used a Bosch for the past 6 years at home with superb results. It's the Summit that we have the problem with.

Thanks.

Talked to the Summit people. After a runaround by the tech service rep he switched me to his manager who told me "that's just the way they work". Obviously unacceptable so I guess I'll just have to deal with it through Tiffin.

For all of you, don't accept one of these units 9Summit SINC 2220) unless you just want to boil water or burn rice!! And please disregard if you're just not into cooking anything.

Brannon Hutcheson at Custom RV in Vina (Suburb of Red Bay) Alabama has replaced some of these cooktops with something better. This problem, along with the fact that the Summit Cooktops require a 50 AMP connection are some of the reasons why we elected not to get the "All Electric" version of the Phaeton.

How well do these work vs. Propane? if I switch ours out I will have no use for the 60 gallon propane tank I have under the coach, I could really cut down on weight if that was out of the compartment, plus gain more storage.

Thanks

How well do these work vs. Propane? if I switch ours out I will have no use for the 60 gallon propane tank I have under the coach, I could really cut down on weight if that was out of the compartment, plus gain more storage.

Thanks

Good ones work wonderfully.

jleamont,

What kind of heating to you have? Aqua Hot/Hydro Hot or Propane?

Herman

Aqua Hot. No propane aboard except for the 'Barbie"!

Good, then you should be able to replace your dysfunctional induction cooktop with one you like and that works. Aqua Hot units do well, but be sure to have it serviced every year by a certified tech and operate it every month for 5 to 10 minutes, yes even in the hot summer months, and you will be happy with its performance. One more thing, be sure that you have full or close to full fuel tank in cold weather. Like your gen set it will shut down when your tank get down to 1/4 or less. This is so you don't burn all your diesel and then you can't start the coach and the Aqua Hot wont run.

Good luck cooking and staying warm,

Herman