Sign in to follow this  
JustCruzzin

Bob Tiffin "Standup Guy"

I had the bad experience of retracting the driver side slide while the seat was not clear and bent the driver seat-- now what.

I returned our new (3 week old) Open Road back to our dealer "Mike Thompson's RV" in Fountain Valley CA only to find out 3 days later their quote to repair is $2200.00 "WHAT?"

So our extend warranty only kicks in after the first year. So we decided to call Bob Tiffin in Red Bay and I was quite surprised to get him on the phone.

We explained what happened and Bob Tiffin said he would send a new driver
seat to them at "no" cost to me. I can truly say Bob Tiffin is a stand--up businessman we surely lucked out buying a Tiffin coach.

I can tell you our next upgrade will be another Tiffin, so thank you Bob Tiffin.

:D :D :D

That's good news....I have heard of other stories about Bob.....I really dread the day he finally calls it quits...I don't think his sons follow his beliefs in customer service..

Bob Tiffin did more than I would of done as the damage was caused by not following direction and not a fault of their product. With that said you can bet that their sons would follow the same thought as I do. That can be expected.

I met Bob Tiffin in one of his coaches at the Good Sam Rally in Phoenix last month. He created everyone that came into his coach and is really appreciative of his customers. My next coach will probably be a Tiffin!!

Bob Tiffin did more than I would of done as the damage was caused by not following direction and not a fault of their product. With that said you can bet that their sons would follow the same thought as I do. That can be expected.

As per our phone call to Tiffin, it was not to seek out a free replacement I was hoping for a better price range than the $2200 to repair which there is no way that seat value is that much. With only to lateral bars per each side that was bent.

Before I could finish talking Bob Tiffin said he would like to send an replacement driver seat. Actually the location of the slide control is in an awkward place.

But yes it was still my fault no ands, ifs, buts, about it.

Your right about Bob! He retired several years ago and the kids took over and Bob had to come back to save the Company! He is very honest and is the first to tell you, that they spoiled the kids on purpose....the "kids" are in their 60's and are not going to change their life style any time soon!

Bob goes, the Company goes!

Carl C.

Your right about Bob! He retired several years ago and the kids took over and Bob had to come back to save the Company! He is very honest and is the first to tell you, that they spoiled the kids on purpose....the "kids" are in their 60's and are not going to change their life style any time soon!

Carl C.

The "Kids" are in their 40's, the oldest may be early 50's. Bob is early 70's, and I doubt that he started multiplying at 10 - 12 Yrs old! Things are already changing some. Rumor has it that the Tiffin family is starting a separate company to manufacture 5th wheel coaches that Tim Tiffin is going to run.

Sounds kind of like Fleetwood when John Crean's son John Jr. started Alfa and then his son-in-law Steve Thomas started his own company producing MHs. First the Flounder, then changed to Siena. We can see how well those things worked out, let's watch and see.

We were really impressed with the quality of the Tiffin coaches at the Pomona rally and had heard several stories of Bob's involvement from both owners and sales personnel. That is the way it used to be with Monaco before the recession.

We have a 2000 Harney Coachworks Renegade. Monaco bought up Harney along with some other companies (Holiday Rambler comes to mind) around the turn of the century. In year two we noticed blisters and delamination forming on our street side slide (kitchen and living room). In year three, we went to the factory to get some minor repairs and some upgrades done. We asked the service writer about having some body work done to fix the bubbles and were told the reason behind them.

To fix it correctly would be nearly $9,000 by the time everything was said and done (had to take the slide off of the coach and remove the entire exterior wall, the windows, etc. etc). Since that was way beyond our budget, we decided to just get the other things fixed and live with the disfigurement. The day we were to leave, the service writer advised us that the owners of Monaco had decided to repair the slide for free, as good will.

We had to return when they had a block of time for us and ended up leaving our coach with them so they could handle emergency repairs for some full timers When they finished about a month later, they had not only replaced the wall, but also five windows that they said were starting to fail and all four of the house batteries. To say we were blown away by their care and concern is putting it mildly.

I hear this is the same care and concern that Tiffin owners receive.

Carl C.

We were at a Tiffin Rally this June in Oregon, but Bob was not there. The Tiffin Rep told eveyone there that this is a legend and did not happen.

OK everybody. I stand corrected and have no difficulty in admitting that I was wrong! Information in, information out...I should have checked it out and didn't until now.

I apologize for that!

Carl

We were at a Tiffin Rally this June in Oregon, but Bob was not there. The Tiffin Rep told eveyone there that this is a legend and did not happen.

We went to the Tiffin Rally in Columbus, IN last month and Bob was there, every day, all day.