manholt

Outside Rear View Mirror

My right rear view mirror is loose and I can see where to adjust or tighten. Problem is that it looks like a special tool is needed...anyone know where I can get it or something else that will work?

Thanks

Carl

Carl,

What brand is it?

Is it loose where it mounts to the coach, coach to mirror mount, mount to arm, arm to mirror head or mirror glass to mirror head?

Carl, I keep having the same problem, I have Velvac Mirrors, if you have the same on the front there is a slotted chrome cap that unscrews located on the arm just below where the head pivots and an allen key is used to tighten.

As soon as I find a better/larger mirror these are going into the trash. They keep coming loose and I cannot see the rear of the coach through them when properly adjusted. For some reason the blind spot mirror is almost half the size of the regular mirror which makes the regular mirror to small.

Funny I thought it was my eyes so I went and had them checked....not my eyes.

Brett, jleamont, good morning.

It's a Velvac and it's where the whole mirror joints the head of arm. It's inverted with a blind spot mirror on top and bottom of mirror, also heated and side camera.

The adjustment screw has a S shaped slot, that may just be a cover, don't know as I don't have anything that fits.

Have looked at Velvac web info and can't even find the mirror...other sites have a mirror that looks like mine, but you got to buy the whole setup (arm, etc.) and it's darn expensive.

I was going to be in Madison, but had to put my dog down and now I'm still in Texas...no way I can make it by the 28th!

Thank you Herman!

Her name was "Lucky" and I adopted her at the dog pond 6/17/2000, the vet estimated that she was born in March. I had her for her whole life and just a part of mine!

In her life, she visited more states, countries and logged more air miles than most people I know. RIP 3/11/2000 - 7/24/2015

Enough said...any thoughts about my mirror problem?

Carl

Have you tried calling Velvac? Mine are mounted "inverted," but the botton ones (on the bottom now) are oriented on the front tires. Great way to keep away from curb, right side or too close to the yellow line, left side.

Open M-F. So, no I have not...been kind of busy. Got back to USA last Sunday from 4 months in Europa.

Mine are like yours...how do you tighten them?

Carl, sorry for your loss.

I would call them instead of emailing. I have emailed their customer service already on my issue, no response.

Thanks, it's a little different after 15 years. Surprised she lasted that long.

We are probably both out of luck until after FMCA, Madison, WI.! I'm on the road now, so I'll call them Wed. Gotten used to adjusting mirror every time I stop!

Before you replace....check the price. Mine are high dollar!!! <_<

OK. jlemont gave me the answer. I just didn't catch it until I spoke with a friend who is in the same park as I.

Apparently the first owner off coach had the same problem, unscrewed the chrome cap, then managed to cross tread it after adjustment. Next time he/she tried to unscrew cap, the force used left a slight Z on cap. I had it drilled out, used the allen wrench and adjusted mirror.

Next time I'm home, I'll retread for a slightly larger screw and see if that will prevent it from becoming loose. This has been the first time that I have had a problem with Velvac mirrors!

Thank you all for your input! Love this Forum and the people who respond!

Carl