jdkrause

Grocery Stores In Canada

From our experience last year when we were there it seemed to be hit & miss. There aren't many big box stores. In fact there aren't many retailers anywhere.

Country is beautiful but beware of the road conditions. I suffered an engine loss on our DP on our way back from Alaska near Watson Lake YK and took us a month to change it out. If nothing else take an extra air cleaner with you. We had to be towed back to Whitehorse after sitting in a camp ground for four days trying to search out a flat bed to take us to Parker Inland Kenworth where they performed an engine swap.

I would recommend going up there on a cruise and save yourself 30k in repairs or fly to Whitehorse and rent a camper and save all the irreversible damage to your coach and marriage.

Good Luck!!! Or get in touch and I will fill your ears

We're going to be traveling through Canada next month.

What grocery store chains are there?

What difference does it make? You are going to buy from who ever is there.

Bill

When your in a campground, take your toad and go see the Butcher, Baker, Fish monger and local Farmers market! If you ask a local person, you will find what you want in any country!

Fresh food, beats box store food anytime.

Chill

Carl

Many cities and towns along the way...all with fuel, retail and & grocery stores. After Dawson Creek, things get a little sparse until Whitehorse.

As for US Chains..... Walmart and Safeway. A few large Canadian chains as well - Superstore, Save On Foods, Overwaitea.

Enjoy your trip !

safeway started out , owned by the Nuns of the Quebec Catholics, there are many store , at least one in every town, Iga , Safeway , All Canadian Superstore < Presidents Choice and a slug of others

Allen and Bev

Alberta , Canada

99 Tradition 40TVS

and I know this was posted long ago , but I am helping future travelers