mikerodg

RV Park In Gulf Shores AL

We're heading to Gulf Shores the first week in October.

I'm looking for a reasonably priced, conveniently located park in the area.

I don't want one of the resorts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

40' Tiffin Phaeton

The State Park is good but on most visits we stay at Luxury RV on 59 about 3 blocks from the beach. There are several restaurants within walking distance.

The State Park is good but on most visits we stay at Luxury RV on 59 about 3 blocks from the beach. There are several restaurants within walking distance.

State Park is awesome. Luxury RV nice too, but if you have a dog stay elsewhere....sand burrs are prolific!

Waking this thread back up...we are scheduled at Gulf State Park the end of May. I found out there's a big music festival - Hangout Fest - at that time. Will the place be over run with folks then or should we still be able to enjoy the beach?

I don't know about the festival and the numbers, but are you aware that the State Park is a ways from the beach. This park is HUGE. If you are in some areas, it will take you a while just to get to the road that takes you to the highway that parallels the beach. We were there last year during the Shrimp Festival and the park was full, but not crowded. That's how big it is. The grass needed cutting in our area. My wife suggested we stay in one of the beach parks next time. Just sayin'

Yes but thanks for the reminder. Thats one reason I'm so concerned about the crowds, wondering if the SP beach parking area will be full with concert goers. One of the maps I saw looked like the SP beach parking lot is one of the shuttle stops.

With the unknown's about the festival, and us wanting some peace and quiet, we decided to move east... way east.. like Carrabelle FL!  Seems like it's always quiet there.

We were headed to the East Cost and the ride from P'Cola to Carrebelle then to Mayport was a nice break in driving times and the trip down the Gulf Coast Highway was a nice scenery break.

Twenty five miles west of Carrabelle, just a little piece after crossing the Apalachicola Bay, there is a very nice Coastline RV Resort right on Hgy. 98, overlooks the waters between the coast and St. George Island. It is a quiet resort with many amenities, I highly recommend this one. There is also Coastline in Carrabelle, never stayed at the one Carrabelle, but have a friend that loves it. While in the area, be sure to ride over to St. George Island and visit the state park there, I will be there May 21 for a week, but one must make reservations six months to a year in advance for the state park cg., if it is anywhere close to a holiday.

We have been to Carrabelle a couple of times previously.  We like Ho Hum just east of Carrabelle.  Small, quiet, no kids.  And, plenty of good oysters near by!

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 8:41 PM, kaypsmith said:

Twenty five miles west of Carrabelle, just a little piece after crossing the Apalachicola Bay, there is a very nice Coastline RV Resort right on Hgy. 98, overlooks the waters between the coast and St. George Island. It is a quiet resort with many amenities, I highly recommend this one. There is also Coastline in Carrabelle, never stayed at the one Carrabelle, but have a friend that loves it. While in the area, be sure to ride over to St. George Island and visit the state park there, I will be there May 21 for a week, but one must make reservations six months to a year in advance for the state park cg., if it is anywhere close to a holiday.

X2 on Coastline RV Resort. We were also there in May and this is a super nice resort, right on the bay!!