steve and karen

Backwards Thor Drains

We just purchased a 2014 Thor Challenger and I just found out after days of work that the drain valves are backwards. The large valve is the gray tank.

I e-mailed Thor and was told the warranty is up. Is this the same Thor that I herd has great costumer service.Has anyone had this drain problem.

Steve, so what you are saying is the 3" pipe is connected to the tank that is plumbed to the Grey tank?

My guess is you noticed this when the 1.5" kept clogging with sewage?

I just purchased it and had problems with backup in the shower. After trying to put a snake in and using a back flush attachment the thing still showed 3/4 full.I closed the small valve and opened the large valve and the shower went down and the gauge for gray went to e. I opened the small valve and hooked the water hose to the black flush and water came shooting out.Dealer said it is Thor problem.

Yes I was wondering if the drain pipes are the right size and they installed the wrong size valves or what? If the drain pipes are right it would be easy to replace the right valves.

Bill

Probably just a Monday morning built coach, whomever installed the valtera valve was not over the hangover yet. Should be an easy replacement, but I feel that Thor should make the repair even if out of warranty. It is clearly poor quality control for the inspector to let it go off of the assembly line without correcting the mistake.

Morning after the Company party...every body had a bad day! <_<:rolleyes:

Carl,

That is one coach I would not like to have purchased. The fresh water pump may have been connected to the holding tank. :wacko:

Herman