wildebill308

Oil

Walmart is $12.97 a gallon - $5.00 is $7.97. B) Free shipping for 6 gallons since it will be over $50.00. I wonder if you have to get a separate receipts for each gallons or only get a rebate for one gallon per household? Almost sounds too good to be true to me.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/14958327?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227009452554&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40839554912&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=52987236446&veh=sem

Yep, synthetic only, 21.96 per gal on Walmart website. Although you can get the coupons for 1, 2.5, or 5 gallon, and it states $5.00 per gallon.

I saw these at Wal Mart last night for $12.97 per gallon just as Puff listed above. The rebate fine print only allows up to 4 gallons per household to get the rebate. Its tempting to switch over from Mobil to save a few $$

I saw these at Wal Mart last night for $12.97 per gallon just as Puff listed above. The rebate fine print only allows up to 4 gallons per household to get the rebate. Its tempting to switch over from Mobil to save a few $$

If it was $12.97 per gallon it probably wasn't T-5 or T6

Bill

Well here is an update. I just got $20.00 in the mail from Shell. I am also extremely happy with my oil analysis results using T6. All the results were at or below the universal averages. My TBN was 6.8 This oil only has 6100 miles on it I could run this oil another 10,000 miles (this would have put me in the ballpark for the 15,000 mile change interval recommended by Cummins. I will try to get more miles on this new oil this year.  

Bill

So my oil analysis just came back, I am scratching my head as it looks like I changed it prematurely but it had 14,000 miles on it :wacko:. I dumped all of the motor oil in the generator and Coach engine prior to parking for the winter.

Photo below;

IMG_3034.jpg

With a couple of exceptions, it looks like my Vitamin Pill description! :D

Nice report card, too bad you dumped it...

Carl

NAPA, I have no TBN since they asked for a virgin oil sample to compare. Since I flop between Mobile Delvac (in the sample above) and Shell depending on the best deal.