Sign in to follow this  
wildebill308

Chassis Battery Sale

My start batteries have ben acting like they were on their end of service life. Always started but dragged just a little this last week on a short trip. I was thinking it was time to replace them. Well my mind was made up for me when I walked into my local Freightliner shop. They had a stack of original equipment start battery's on sale for $69.00. I bought two before any thing else. I thought this was a pretty good deal as they normally go for $179.38 ea. They are rated CCA @ zero 925 CA @ 32-f 1110 Reserve Capacity 170.

I don't know if they are running this at all Freight liner shops but it might be worth looking if you are going to be in need of new start batteries.

I went down and installed them this afternoon.

Bill

Bill,

Sounds like a bargain to me. What Brand are they? Are they the best, maybe not but I always go with Interstate. My reason is that no matter where I go there is an Interstate dealer close by.

Sorry you wont be in Perry.

Herman

Herman/Bill.

We even have a Interstate on the Island. :D Also, sorry you won't be here Bill ! :(

Since my starter batteries are difficult to get at, I use the maintenance free. Got to remove the hydraulic struts to remove door to get slide with batteries to come out ! Engineers & Designers...bah! :angry::wacko:

Carl

Bill,

Can you post the Freightliner PN? That way people can call in to their local Freightliner dealer and check for stock and price.

Thanks.

Brett

Brett, the part number is APB 31S925 They are the Alliance Truck Parts original equipment starting battery (B6). Alliance Truck Parts is Freightliner's house brand.

Carl, be glad you have a slide.

Herman, these are the Freightliner house brand, maintenance free, so any where there is a Freightliner shop.

Bill

Just an update. I wasn't clear on the date code so when I took my old battery's back to get my core charge back I asked. What I thought was a code for the size/group was actually the date code. The (B6) actually translates to February 2016. Just for clarification this is the entry level battery in their system and has a one year free replacement warranty.

Bill