Daisley7

FMCA Membership Refund

I was interested in joining FMCA, mostly out of interest in the FMCAssist Plan. I wasn't able to actually access and read the FMCAssist policy without a membership, so I paid for a membership. On further study of the fine print in the Plan, I find that that "Travel arrangements that were neither coordinated by nor approved by Seven Corners in advance" are exempt from coverage.

It is patently unreasonable to get pre-approval for every trip that we take, and as such the Plan is absolutely worthless.

I sent an email to FMCA to cancel my membership and requested a refund, but can't get any response.

Very disillusioned about FMCA now.

To be honest, I cannot recommend that anyone join FMCA , due to this experience.

This member has been contacted. There was a misunderstanding of the language where they believed the FMCAssist program had to approve their overall travel plans. The language is intended to mean that the emergency travel plans must be coordinated by or approved by Seven Corners.

Yes, ONLY the emergency plans must be pre-approved. I.E. you could not call them after an accident from which you are air ambulanced back from Timbouctou and ask for reimbursement.

I have seen that FMCAssist Plan works and well. I can was at a rally last fall in Rockport Texas when one of the attendees fell ill and the local hospital had him med evacuated to San Antonio. FMCAssist was contacted and they picked up his car and motorhome and re located them to a RV park in the San Antonio area (they full time). As far as I could tell it went quite smoothly.

Bill

OP here... I received a call from a FMCA rep, and he explained that the wording in that plan needs some work. He promised to cancel my membership, and process a refund. Good customer service. I apologize for being so harsh, but I hadn't received a response to my email from last Monday. All good now.

Sorry to hear that you are dissallusioned with FMCA. We have been members since 2009 and believe it is a wonderful organization. We have seen FMCAssist work twice for others in our travels and it appeared to be handled smoothly in both cases.

We have made many new friends through FMCA.

Daisley7, Glad you got satisfaction for your concern. I wish all matters were handle so simple. I guess your post got their attention as I'm learning sometime things gets forgotten or swept under the rug. Just this morning I called the main office about something a month and half ago and had to leave a voice mail. I also sent a contact e-mail through link on this web site. No call back or replies to my e-mail. I guess some of us just are not important enough for the big guys to bother with. Maybe I should try your approach as a month and half is too long to wait.

huffypuff, I apologize on behalf of the staff not calling you back. As far as the big guys up there;;;;;; there are none. You are the most important one as all members are. I don't type very well but if you could give me a call I will try to answer your question if I can't I bet I can get the answer. My Phone# is 501-278-6172. Charlie Adcock

Thanks for the offer, I didn't want to call during your weekend but I can during the week day. I'm having problems with memberships changes I tried to make and must not of been approved. The other issue is a ad I tried to place in FMCA magazine. My wife have a procedure Monday so it maybe Tuesday.

I am trying to cancel my FMCA membership and after 30 minutes of searching, I have found nowhere I can do this.  We have sold our motorhome and no longer need the membership.  Please cancel my membership and refund any unused portion.  Thank you!   Last name:  Mashe

The first screen of the web site  indicates how to contact FMCA. Try that or call them Monday. Please remember they are in Cincinnati, so EST. You may not receive any refund for the current year, but should for all future years. 

You will not receive anything for your current year of membership. If you have paid for years in advance, those will be refunded to you. If you are going to continue traveling either by plane, auto, etc., you can still remain a member as an associate and still receive full benefits, most importantly is the FMCAssist.