We have the Roadmaster Invisibrake on our current toad as well as our last one.

Really like that there is no big BOX or anything to set up or adjust.

If you change toads often, probably not a good choices, as there is labor involved in installing it (complete installation is hidden once complete).

7 hours ago, Wayne77590 said:

Same for Air Force 1. As an alternative. Both are excellent.

And if you don't have air brakes, the SMI Stay In Play Duo is another good option.  I'm using one on my DP simply because I transferred it from my Super C when I traded coaches.  https://smibrake.com/index.php

Brett --

I posted a question yesterday about having Camping World in west Houston install a Roadmaster towing system for my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (tow bar, base plate and Inivisibrake system) which will be towed behind my "new to me" 2007 Damon Astoria (model 3774) motorhome (diesel pusher).  I know that the Invisibrake is activated by the electrical signal to brake lights.   What I don't know and can't find in owners manuals is if the exhaust brake on my motorhome activates the tail lights which means the Inivisibrake would be activated.  During my short seven months of motorhome ownership I've found the exhaust brake to be very useful in slowing down on an I-10 exit to one of my favorite Buc-ee's!   My questions to you are:

1) Does your motorhome have an exhaust brake and if yes does it activate the brake lights which then activates the Invisibrake?

2) If an exhaust brake activates brake lights are there any adverse affects of the Invisibrake then being active

3) Any advice on "where" I could find out if exhaust brakes on my Damon Astoria motorhome activates the brake lights?

I greatly appreciate any thoughts and advice you and any other members have!

Mike in Katy

The brake lights activate on my motorhome when the exhaust brake is applied but so do and some don't.  Have someone follow you and you'll know for sure.

Our coach is set up to activate the coach brake lights with the engine brake but the toad brake lights don't come on until the service brake is activated.  I like this arrangement as it indicates an additional level of braking when the service brakes are used.  We don't have the Invisibrake so can't speak to that question.

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 0:45 PM, fagnaml said:

Brett --

I posted a question yesterday about having Camping World in west Houston install a Roadmaster towing system for my Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (tow bar, base plate and Inivisibrake system) which will be towed behind my "new to me" 2007 Damon Astoria (model 3774) motorhome (diesel pusher).  I know that the Invisibrake is activated by the electrical signal to brake lights.   What I don't know and can't find in owners manuals is if the exhaust brake on my motorhome activates the tail lights which means the Inivisibrake would be activated.  During my short seven months of motorhome ownership I've found the exhaust brake to be very useful in slowing down on an I-10 exit to one of my favorite Buc-ee's!   My questions to you are:

1) Does your motorhome have an exhaust brake and if yes does it activate the brake lights which then activates the Invisibrake?

2) If an exhaust brake activates brake lights are there any adverse affects of the Invisibrake then being active

3) Any advice on "where" I could find out if exhaust brakes on my Damon Astoria motorhome activates the brake lights?

I greatly appreciate any thoughts and advice you and any other members have!

Mike in Katy

Mike,

Not sure if you have to push a button to turn your exhaust brake on but you can check to see if they activate your brake lights by having someone follow you.  Just let off the accelerator without using your service lights.  If I turn on our engine brake, the brake lights come on the moment I fully let off the accelerator.

I can't speak to the Invisibrake question because we use Blue Ox.  But, I've adjusted our Blue Ox so that if I just let off the accelerator the Blue Ox won't activate our toad brakes.

You may want to read up on Camping World here in Houston.  We use Action RV up here in Conroe.  They are fantastic and very knowledgeable.

Finally, I know the Buc'ees you speak of........I call all of the Buc'ees a "destination" gas station!

Safe Travels and hope the storms have left you high and dry.

Blake