Just got My 2003 Dutch Star out of the body shop and the water temperature gauge is not registering . It has a 350 Cummins and the warning light is flashing. I checked the wires as far as the radiator tank sensor. It has good connections so I don't know where to start.

Regards 

Michael

Michael,

Assume you have checked coolant level, not just in the overflow jug but also in the radiator.

What chassis do you have?

Did they work on the cooling system/open the cooling system?

I have the Spartan Chassis. Wouldn't the Gauge at least show some kind of reading? The coolant level shows to be OK the only thing working is the red warning light.

How do I check the level in the Radiator other than the sight glass on the tank above the engine? As you can guess I'm at a loss where to check next.

I did remove the gauge panel on the dash and everything was attached. The only work on the electrical system was the brake lights to work.

Michael,

Do you have a secondary digital readout monitor?  We have a Sony rear camera monitor that also gives us status of engine, transmission and other vitals.  If you have one take a look at that to see if you get a reading.  If so, you could have a bad dash gauge or ground.

Blake

I had the same issue last year, turned out the sensor needed replacement.  No more issues.  Is the light yellow or red?  Have you called Newmar Tech?

Carl

Found out that the gauge was bad . Replaced the gauge and went on our merry way to Colorado and enjoying the cooler weather . It was 102 at home today and we never got out of the 60's here at Creede

Ha.  I'm in Ruidoso, NM for same reason!  Had 2in. off dime size hail yesterday...thankfully no damage to coach, but there is nothing but bare limbs on tree next to me!  I'm fast becoming a "tree hugger"!:lol:

Happy you found the problem and to answer your question, it's located in center front or side off overflow tank.  Enjoy the Mountains!

Carl

Ah....great news Michael.  Glad you fixed it!

Uh.....we are back home in Houston.....it certainly ain't cool here! 

Blake

Happy to hear it is fixed Michael.  Way to go.

Blake, I live in Texas City and presently on the West Coast and at Fort Lewis Fam Camp, WA and it is 62˚ right now.  We left Texas to get away from the heat and we succeeded.