Sign in to follow this  
abyrd

Sam's Club vs Costco 6 VDC Batteries

30 minutes ago, abyrd said:

Anyone have experience comparing their 6 volt RV batteries?

Jim, the primary key for batteries is the Amp Hrs. to cost. And what you consider a good number cost wise for the rated Amp Hrs.or how you use the coach. Might want a higher Amp hr. rating if you are a dry camper and a low rating if you tend to camp where shore power is provided. Should the location your connected to an lights go out, one can keep things running and charged up by running the generator to keep the 12 volt system charged as needed.

Rich.

A much better way to keep batteries charged, rather than a generator are solar panels. Quiet and clean and batteries like long slow charges rather than getting hit with 100-120 amps all at once.

Sams Club uses batteries from Johnson Controls in the west and East Penn back east.  East Penn offers AGM golf carts at a reasonable price.  Solar panels are great if you go where the sun shines!

I have found that the best batteries are ones that you can get service or warranted, if needed, any where in the country. To me that would be Walmart, Sam's and Interstate. This just makes it convenient for me. 

Herman

Had a friend who just replaced his Motorhome batteries and found a good deal at Batteries Plus - they were Duracell 6V deep cycle.  $99 each.  One year warranty at any Batteries Plus store.  

This past month I had to replace my 6-6v batteries for my golf cart at my local supplier, Battery Warehouse, in Milledgeville GA at a price of $86/each and later the 2 starting 12v for $84. All were Crown brand batteries. My next purchase will eventually be for my 6-6v for my 2009 Motorhome house batteries. I have a battery watering system on all making sure they are kept full of distilled water. I've checked most places on price and quality, I believe I've made a good choice. I removed and replaced them all. Battery Warehouse will remove and install for $6/ea.

8 batteries for a golf cart?

Tad far away from Texas!  Like Herman, I want things that I can replace or get service anywhere and I'll add NAPA to the list.  Solar is nice, so is a generator, redundancy is not a bad thing!

Carl

Carl,

Two different systems for golf carts, 36 volts and 48 volt hence 6 batteries versus 8. I was wrong onc.....er...mistaken once. ;)