rcieslak67

Charging System

I have a 2006 Fleetwood Expedition that I had a 15 volt line sourced to the inverter to try and keep the batteries charged over a Northern Michigan winter. Upon trying to start the motorhome in the middle of March all batteries were dead and the engine would not turn over.

I have had issues before with the Intellitec not reading 50 amps when it was installed to a known 50 amp supply, the Intellitec indicated 30 amps. I was able to get enough of a charge to get the generator started and then after a couple of hours was able to get the main engine started. My motorhome is located in Northern Michigan and near Traverse City.

Is there a location in Michigan that can handle an issue like this and has a good known work ethic.   

We need some clarification, the 15 volt is confusing:

Are you plugged into a 15 amp house-type outlet then using adapters to get 30 and then 50 amp shore power cord?

Were other 120 VAC appliances working in the coach over the winter (showing whether you indeed had 120 VAC into the coach)?

What did the Intellitec monitor show?

I was plugged into a 15 line in my pole barn just to keep the batteries charged over the winter. That was all I used the power for

and it was on a timer for 4 hours a day. Yes, I used two adapter's to plug into the 50 amp 4 prong plug. Nothing else was working on the

coach as it was all turned off.

Ya, with no draw, 4 hours a day would be plenty-- remember if a smart charger it starts in bulk mode every time it comes on, so higher voltage and charge rate.

I asked if anything else that runs on 120 VAC works to find out, not did you use them, but that there WAS 120 VAC power to the coach.

Have you checked the battery water level?

Weiland just south of Saginaw should be able to help you. They are otr truck shop that does work on mh.

I wouldn't get too concerned over the Intellitec not reading 50 amps. Mine never has even though I have been pulling up to 46 amps already. Its an installation concern with lacking a jumper wire when it was installed to the display. I called them on this two years ago, one of those item's I will get to someday.

I have noticed my display only shows 50 amp with the generator running. It will not show it on shore power unless the supply is below 50 amp. The display should have shown 15 amp when you were plugged in to the outlet in the pole barn.

Bill