michaelhillhouse

Campground Livingston TX

Going to be passing through Livingston next Tue May 9 going to Port Aransas need a decent campground to stay overnight . Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Regards,

Michael

It's a great place to stop but it may not be a great place to stay.  It's really out of the way unless you really NEED to visit Livingston.  Normal drives do not include passing "through" Livingston but rather by-passing Livingston.  If that's where you want to end your day then it's a great stop but something like 15 minutes off the highway to the campground.

Mike, they have quite a few sites available. While you are there think about having your coach weighed they have a on site location. 

However if I were going to Port A, I would be going to Waco and take US 77 South.there is a Great Campground in La Grange. I believe to is call Colorado River something.In Victoria take 185 to 35 and 35 to Port A.

Herman  

Herman. here is the contact info for Colorado Landing RV Mobile, 64 E Bluffview Dr, La Grange, TX 78945, coloradolanding.com, (979) 968-9465

Have stayed there a couple of times.

Bill

I'm a sucker for the scenic route so I'd take Hwy 146 out of Livingston and that would put you driving right past the Escapee Park and stay on 146 all the way to I-45 into Galveston. Turn right on to 61st street and at Seawall Blvd (3005) turn right and travel the Blue Water Hwy to Hwy 35S.  There is a $2 toll or so at the toll booth at San Luis Pass.  Traveler would stay on the Bule Water Hwy to Hwy 332 then over to 35s.

A faster route would be to pick up 2004 in LaMarque (Exit 15 off I-45) to Hwy 36 to hwy 35H. Hwy 2004 is boring but faster.

The journey is the destination so we enjoy the scenic routes.

Take 59 to Loop 99, just south of Splendora, it will lead you to 59 in Sugarland, you will save about 70+ miles and downtown Houston.  As of March there was no Toll charge and it's 90% Freeway with very little traffic!

Carl