Sign in to follow this  

Oval FMAC Number Plate Decal

I inherited my Dad's FMCA number with an "S" added to the end to signify I was a son.  When I got the plates it was made with a decal on the oval plastic plate, not cast like his original was.  The plate has lasted less than 3 years and the decals on both plates has started to peel off.  Has anyone else had this problem?

F94273S.  Welcome to FMCA and the Forum!

If you have your fathers cast plate, just paint a small S and use them! :)

Unfortunately I don't still have them.

I'll look for the order form but when I got my "S" plates I feel they should have been the same quality as the normal molded plates.

Get a new decal?   Pretty cheap and you don't have to drill a hole or do anything special.  That is on the assumption that you can find any real reason that you need this thing on your coach.  It's not for me but YMMV.

I proudly display my oval and will do so until such time I withdraw from FMCA.  Glad to hear others are interested in doing so as well.

BillA, why such a Debbie Downer? 

I have the decal on the "eyebrow" on our motor home.  You can get any color.  I put these on in 2013.  I found a vendor, Simply Etched Stickers, at the FMCA Gillette Convention.  They are easy to put on the coach and mine still look great.  I didn't want to drill holes for the FMCA plaque for the front of the coach so I put these on.  The link above has a photo of a coach with their stickers (decals) on the "eyebrow" (above the windshield) of the example coach.  I have the regular FMCA oval (mine are the earlier design with raised letters) on the rear ladder as is traditional.  The raised letters are loosing their ink.  When we go to Gillette next year, I'll look for this company and may order one for the rear of the coach and get rid of the physical plaques entirely.  In 2013 they did this on site.  I paid and left the information one day and picked up the finished product the next day.  Highly recommend their work.IMG_1482.thumb.JPG.a19245234dd02101ee694d609a946f86.JPG

I'm not a Debbie Downer.  I just said putting bumper stickers on my RV was not for me.  You can do whatever you like.

Sorry, I read more into your thought "That is on the assumption that you can find any real reason that you need this thing on your coach." than you meant,,,,

2 hours ago, robandbarb said:

Can you get just a metal regular license plate version with your fmca # on it to put on the license plate area of the front your coach?

Not sure if Denny makes a license plate but you can mount you oval in the space where your front license plate goes.

For years I have had mine on the windshield on suction cups. 

Herman 

My installation on the rear is typical ladder mount. For the front I went to Hobby Lobby and got some suction cups. Decal is mounted on the inside of the front window, low passenger side. No holes, no bumper, no license plate needed. If I forget who I am I can turn it around so I can read the numbers. :-)

Wayne, as long as you don't think your Herman...we shall enlighten you:lol:

My front is on suction cups in window and also a ladder mount...I have the raised letter! :)