deloguy

New Member & New RV Owner

My husband and I just recently purchased this 1997 Fleetwood Discovery 36RS. When we purchased it, we expected to do some work, but it seems to have been more than just some. However, we are at a point where we can start enjoying it now.

After we purchased it, we took it to a friend of ours, who works on coaches. He went through everything and inspected it to make sure everything is in good condition. He did a few minor things on the inside, plus replaced all the shocks on the lower compartment doors, all the seals on the lower compartment doors, replaced the slide awning, and then replaced the roof. We then took it to the diesel mechanic. He ended up checking the drivetrain and had to replace the fuel lines(stated they were leaking fuel). Then lastly we had to replace the tires. Luckily we heard about this site and so I joined. Saved us almost $800 on tires. We now have the coach back home. We cleaned it up and started stocking it with stuff. Probably start off with small trips. It will be just myself, my husband and our 4 dogs.

1997 Discovery.jpg

1997 Discovery4.jpg

1997 Discovery5.jpg

1997 Discovery6.jpg

1997 Discovery10.jpg

1997 Discovery11.jpg

1997 Discovery13.jpg

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum. You have a nice looking coach.

By joining FMCA you have just expanded you family by 73,000 relatives. (You don't have to send them all Christmas Cards :P)

By the looks of the pictures you must live in the South West. Check out the Western Area for Chapters and go to a Rally or two. They are great fun and great ways to meet fellow RVers.

Herman

Welcome to the forum. I would spend a night in your driveway. Make believe you are at some remote campsite. Have a notepad so you can write down the things you forgot or decide you need. Then work the list before the next trip. Then on the first actual trip I recommend a short trip, long enough to get some practise driving but not so far as you are tired when you set up camp. Trust me the first trip and setup will be stressful enough without being tired on top of it. 

One outher thing, when taking glamor shots of your coach run the slides out like the dealers do.;)

Bill

Beautiful coach and a great reason to buy these older coaches is that they were built with real naturally finished wood not finished to look like something it is not. Old style styling really shows of the craftsmanship we used to see. It is not tall either which will save you money sailing down the highways and bi-ways enjoying the scenery and your new found hobby. We too have a 1999 coach and love it. Glad to have you along with the group.

Last year we bought a 98 Discovery, the same model as yours.  Ours had 100k miles on it.  Did a number of repairs and upgrades and took our first trip to the paint shop to have it painted, 4500 miles round trip.  Took a summer trip about 4 months and 6000 miles, had a few problems but that is to be expected.

Hi all! We just joined the FMCA in last month at the Hershey RV Show, in 2015 we bought our first motorhome, a new 2015 Precept 36UN, it's a prototype for the 35UN, We love it! so far we have logged 11,000 miles, with 5,000 of that being our August trip from NJ to Badlands, Mount Rushmore, Devils Tower and Yellowstone. This trip made us completely fall in love with traveling in our coach! we have lots of plans and are looking forward to years of family memories!

36UN_at_CS.jpg

Beachcomber_rear.jpg

Lancaster.jpg

Welcome!! the last photo looks like it was taken near our house in Lancaster PA.

How old are the kids traveling with you?