aldfmca

Camping Without A Toad

Don't think you won, Joe.  Herman passed right by! :blink: I have seen people come by and P/U stuff...coach comes back to clean site. No sewer hose, water line or chairs!  A little bit of sense goes a long ways...carry a cone and leave it at entrance to site and spend 5 minutes putting $50+ bucks in a Bay!  We used to do that all the time, back when nobody had a toad.

1 hour ago, hermanmullins said:

In their catalog and in the Store Camping World has a sign on a Stake that read Occupied or something like that. Is is to hopefully to eliminate that from happening. I suspect it is used for the most part in COE, State, BLM and or Federal Parks that sometimes are if its open take it.

Herman 

Herman, 

Mike and Jennifer Wendlend have talked about this sign on their blogs...it's a very good idea...I agree.... nice, but, not actually necessary...

However, if you have actually PAID for a site for several days in advance...the camp hosts or RV park manager should know that you're staying there .. I have NEVER had any difficulty coming back to my site after going out for the day with my rig..

As for security... I've been lots of places and have never felt like we were in any jeopardy for vehicle theft... actually, if I even suspected something like this ..I would have found another place to stop...

--MARK

1 hour ago, jleamont said:

Did I win the most emoji's in a post contest :lol:?

Pretty Much. 

All of my stuff is manual. My awning is manual and Jacks are hydro but sometimes I have to put one side on wood to help them out. I AINT MOVING THIS COACH once we at the campground. If I am there for a night, I may not hook up sewer depending on the situation (I travel with Women) 

Sometimes you can get a shuttle to places but Joe will attest, Williamsburg was one of those places we HAD to have a toad or we would have been ordering pizza and looking at each other in the pool. 

20 hours ago, HayesFamily said:

....Massey's Landing in DE....

How was the CG at Massey's Landing?  When I was a kid my folks had a place on the water in the Oak Orchard/Riverdale area.  I'd like to go back for a visit.

3 minutes ago, FIVE said:

How was the CG at Massey's Landing?  When I was a kid my folks had a place on the water in the Oak Orchard/Riverdale area.  I'd like to go back for a visit.

EXPENSIVE! Nice place but....EXPENSIVE! 

Just a suggestion, but if you want specific CG information, better to start a new thread.  Very few will see it under a "camping without a toad" thread.

16 minutes ago, FIVE said:

It’s new but it’s beautiful. Had a good time. If you want more detail I think Brett is right will start a new thread but it was nice.

On 2/19/2018 at 2:52 PM, HayesFamily said:

It’s new but it’s beautiful. Had a good time. If you want more detail I think Brett is right will start a new thread but it was nice.

Thanks, I'll check out the link.