eric@babin.com

Surge Guard Cutting Shore Power Off?

Some of the electrical systems/surge guards on these coaches are smarter than the power stalks.  Recently, we plugged into 50 amps and the surge guard would not let the power through to the coach.  Local guy from the CG checked and said the power stalk was good.  I convinced him to put in a new circuit breaker....all was fixed.

24 minutes ago, FIVE said:

Some of the electrical systems/surge guards on these coaches are smarter than the power stalks.  Recently, we plugged into 50 amps and the surge guard would not let the power through to the coach.  Local guy from the CG checked and said the power stalk was good.  I convinced him to put in a new circuit breaker....all was fixed.

Interesting.

What did the surge guard say was wrong with power that new breakers "fixed"??

22 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Interesting.

What did the surge guard say was wrong with power that new breakers "fixed"??

To tell you the truth, I don't exactly remember other than the Central Monitor Panel indicated there was a problem with the L1 line.  

Could have been reverse polarity maybe or the CB in box was loose?  :rolleyes: Only time I showed a L1 or L2 problem was on a Pig tail that was home made by a very good friend on this Forum about a month ago! :lol::o

19 minutes ago, ERIC@BABIN.COM said:

Thank you guys. This is the most helpful forum around.  Glad to be a member!

I hope this means that the issue has been resolved.  Merry Christmas to all.:rolleyes:

Eric,

If you didn't let that park know there was a problem with their pedestal before you left please be sure to give them a call and let them know of the problem you had.  It just might save the next occupant a small fortune when they they to use it.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, Moonwink said:

Eric,

If you didn't let that park know there was a problem with their pedestal before you left please be sure to give them a call and let them know of the problem you had.  It just might save the next occupant a small fortune when they they to use it.

yep... we let them know.