hayesfamily

Hamming on the Road from KE3HAY

I cant be the only Amateur Radio Op that throws an antenna in the air when camping. 

I try to sneak one in a tree or on the flag pole every chance I get. I even had a 40M dipole up in Disney!!!

Anyone of my other fraternal ham brothers and sisters flinging wires in tree when they camp? 

de KE3HAY

You're not the only one. Right now my rig is just a handheld, but I hope to eventually get my Yaesu 991 working CW from the bus. Haven't even started to look at antenna options yet though so it is a bit of a distant project.

I use my flex 6300 when in the rig with a tarheel. If I am at a campground for a while and there are trees nearby I will throw up a dipole. Put one up on a stockade fence one time and it worked good and no one knew it was there . . . KK9W

I did years ago in the ordinary 1969 Ply with a Kenwood TS-520 sitting on the center of the floor board. Ran a power operated bumper mount tri-band antenna. Can't remember the name of it.

Many years ago DW wanted to paint the inside of the house and I moved everything out. Nothing got moved back in and 10 years later I sold everything. Still maintain the license though and presently a member of W5RRR. Hmmm! Need to get to the shack and give some shouts one of these days.

Looking for a cheap but good VHF/UHF HH though.

Any thoughts.

KE5QG

Been some time ,BUT is there a set skid time or freq for the Ham radio daily operation.

Tim  N8AHK

I always have my HT and rubber ducky in the rig alway.  I try to get on the air when I can.  

Patrick

KE4TQV