dbenoit

Destination- Nova Scotia bound

It was very nice. We stayed at Ocean Cove Campground. Right on the bay and very quiet. Closet town was Digby which we visited a few times. Best scallops anywhere. Learned a few road tips: Never sleep at a service plaza on the highway, always take the ferry when available and the 2 Walmarts (Moncton NB and Augusta, ME) were good stops for the night. Glad I got towing the toad on the dolly for the 1st time done.

Now thats what i call a low tide.

DD52BA90-626C-4C59-91A8-0F1BD1431808.jpeg

We came back with 20 lbs of Scallops from Digby...24 lbs of Lobster meat from NF and 50 of wild Salmon from Labrador!  Flower Pots, Bay of Fundy, NB is 54 foot tide swing!!!

That's a good feed., We loved Digby, went there a few times. If in that area again we found this German restaurant in Annapolis Royal

called the Sachsen Cafe. Good food and bakery, I got to speak a little German with the owners. Jagerschnitzel and Gulasch soup was fantastic.

https://www.germanbakery.ca/

DB, we had lunch there!  I only missed not having Red Cabbage...since there was 48 of us, no soup!  We had the whole place for 90 minutes!  Did you find the Ice Cream Shop? It was 2 blocks past Sachsen.  

In Digby, across from Mc Donald, there is a pub called Sunset, they serve food on the back patio, the best scallops we found anywhere in area, also craft beer!  We tried 7 other restaurants down by  the Harbor.  We where camped 44 miles away for 3 days, Parkers Cove, next to the Americus Lobster Processing Plant....Lobster Chowder fresh daily at 1100.  One whole lobster per serving at CA$ 12, that was $8.40 !!!

I thought I smelt armadillo on the lawn....😛. That's where we stayed, at Parkers Cove....lol. The pic at the beginning of this page was across the street from the lobsta place.

Oh ya! And I love the condiment (beer) as well, I don't think you could balance that meal any much better.

btw...nice claws

About a 2 ponder?  We could not find any "Chicken Lobster"...all 1.5 pounds and up!  We stayed with the 2's to 2.5, fit the table better! :lol:  They had 14 off 8 lbs + at the plant for the Japanese buyer.  US$750 each + fees, overnight delivery by UPS!  They had one at over 17 lbs, not for sale, it was destined to be returned to the Atlantic, estimated age 150 years +!

DB, we walked in that harbor & several others! LOL