somewhereinusa

Schoolie Conversion

On 1/18/2019 at 12:53 AM, somewhereinusa said:

Playing with walnut and my Shaper Origin.  Bad weather is starting to set in so I'm spending more time in the shop. I just finished some new LED light fixtures.

This is 43" long.

32905004358_1c86aa5b3f_z.jpg

Detail of fixture.

46728118002_0ce4da3f07_z.jpg

Bracket detail.

46055901594_f90421c81b_z.jpg

Next project is a makeup mirror/station cabinet for DW out of walnut.

D ick

Did you modify a 120vac fixture to be 12vdc?  If so, please detail the specifications of the fixture and steps to modify. 

Edited by rossboyer

49 minutes ago, rossboyer said:

Did you modify a 120vac fixture to be 12vdc?  If so, please detail the specifications of the fixture and steps to modify. 

These aren't fluorescent, they are aluminum channels about 1 inch wide that you put an led strip in.

LED fixture

The reason I asked is that I just installed 20 LED fixtures in my shop, garage and kitchen which are 120VAC. Some of them are surface mounted. I was considering opening one to see if I could eliminate the electronics that change the 120VAC to probably 12VDC. If I can I would install two 48” fixtures in our motor home to replace the small ceiling fixtures in the living and kitchen area. I had changed those to LEDs a couple of years ago. While there are 4 strips of 6000 LEDs, they still don’t put out enough lumens.