Jump to content
Bobanderson294

Installing 2 dash fans in bedroom

Recommended Posts

I would like to install (2) Bergstrom dash fans at headboard in bedroom and wondering if I can utilize the power feed that is going to the 12v headboard lamps? Also, would anyone know of a good source for acquiring 2-speed switches for the fans?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bob,  Key issue is the fuse size used in the 12 volt circuit for the headboard lights and the current requirements of the fans. The other is the wire gauge and the length of the wire run from the DC power panel.

It might also help to install LED bulbs in the light sockets because they draw way less current.

You might try Carling for the switch , the other source  to look is Waytech they supply a number of items for the transportation industry.

Rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a number of 2 speed 12 volt fans on the market that have a 2 speed switchs built in. Just Google 2 speed RV fans.

Good luck and stay cool.

Herman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DickandLois said:

Bob,  Key issue is the fuse size used in the 12 volt circuit for the headboard lights and the current requirements of the fans. The other is the wire gauge and the length of the wire run from the DC power panel.

It might also help to install LED bulbs in the light sockets because they draw way less current.

You might try Carling for the switch , the other source  to look is Waytech they supply a number of items for the transportation industry.

Rich.

Thanks, good suggestions! I'll check both fuse requirements and wire gauge!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wolfe10 said:

Another fan option-- quiet, long life, but more $$.  We use them on our boats as well as motorhomes.

And at 6.5 watts power consumption, you should have no problem just tapping into 12 VDC wiring for lights. Particularly true if you have changed the lights to LED's.

https://www.hellamarine.com/en/products/accessories/fans/turbo-fan.html

Thanks Rich, but I already have the fans. They are both 7" / 2-speed Bergstroms (same fans as my two factory installed dash fans).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, hermanmullins said:

There are a number of 2 speed 12 volt fans on the market that have a 2 speed switchs built in. Just Google 2 speed RV fans.

Good luck and stay cool.

Herman 

Thanks Herman, 

The Bergstrom fans I have are two speed, however they do not come with a switch so I purchased a couple of 3-position switches at local Auto parts supplier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobanderson294 said:

They are both 7" / 2-speed Bergstroms (same fans as my two factory installed dash fans).

I find my dash fans to be quite noisey. Well you already have them, try them,  after you get tired of the noise I would look at the ones Brett linked to.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WILDEBILL308 said:

I find my dash fans to be quite noisey. Well you already have them, try them,  after you get tired of the noise I would look at the ones Brett linked to.

Bill

That’s one thing we do not have. I have often thought of installing a pair but I figured they would dry out my contact lenses 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...