windsport2018

Centramatic Wheel Balance

20 hours ago, desertdeals69 said:

I used to use them,  not always smooth.  Had better luck with balance beads.

As I understand how Centermatic system works you must be at some speed (more than 10 to 20 mph ?) for the rings to come into balance.

Nothing to installing them any tire shop with and impact and ability to lift can take care of the job. I used the coach jack set up AND A PILE OF BLOCKS worked fine. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

8 hours ago, RSBILLEDWARDS said:

Nothing to installing them any tire shop with and impact and ability to lift can take care of the job. I used the coach jack set up AND A PILE OF BLOCKS worked fine. NOT ROCKET SCIENCE.

Correct! The hardest part is if and I say IF you need to alter the valve stem for clearance. The kit does come with a tool to do so and instructions so most truck shops should be able to handle this. 

I do NOT recommend a tire shop unless you know they can handle it. Sounds off but the tire tech skill set has significantly dropped off in the last few years.  I recently watched one attempt to install a valve stem extension for over 1/2 hour, when the hammer came out I had to walk over!

We have them all the way around our coach.

I've got a few questions:  1) The website shows both steer and drive types for 22.5 wheels.  We have a Sportscoach/XCR Freightliner chassis. Would we need 2 sets (aka 4 balancers) for the drive wheels In addition to a set for the front)?  2) Do they work; i.e do you notice less heat and/or wear?  Do you notice a 'better' ride?  If your tires are already balanced (with stick or crimp on weights) are these to be remove prior to install?  Thanks in advance.

bkat11208,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

One set for the front (one for each wheel position).

One set for the rear (one for each wheel position).

Should not affect heat one way or the other.

As far as "will they give a better ride"--- difficult to answer.  If your tires/wheels are in balance now, can't see that you would see any difference.

If out of balance, the improvement would depend on how much out of balance they are now.

And, if you have run-out (tires not perfectly round) ....................

I have used them for years. They have always worked on my 18 wheelers so I had them installed on our 40' Phaeton.  Service Tire in York PA does my tire work.

Have found the folks at Centramatic to be pleasant and knowledgeable. Brett posted the link. Call them.