RayIN

Picture Of The Day-- Add Yours

Here ya go!

Sashimi and sushi at its best.  We were in Japan in 2003 or so and a Japanese friend of my son took us all to dinner at a hole in the wall Japanese restaurant. The food was excellent.

sushi.JPG

Edited by wayne77590

I spent a year in Atsugi, Japan at the expense of our government. Yes tried most of it. I taught English during my off hours to a group of middle management execs. It was a real hoot. Saw a part of the culture few foreigners do see. The sushi and sashimi were wonderful. First time, go with someone that knows and that can explain.

I was an Assistant Instructor for PADI but when I got back to the states I wasn't diving so let it lapse because of insurance costs. I still have my PADI Dive Master card but I haven't been diving in years and would definitely go through a refresher course if I though of diving again. (Not at my age.)  The saying went, "There isn't anything in the ocean that is not edible."  I believe that. Take the lowly Jelly Fish as varieties are edible. Who would of thought!  Just be careful of anything in quantity. 

The picture I posted was on a visit to Okinawa where my son was stationed. We were only there for a couple weeks, but 20 years prior we spent 3 years there. Got invited to some Japanese homes which is quite an honor. Always had their food and it was delicious.  The Japanese keep a pot of rice going all day long. It is their staple food.