Sign in to follow this  
thisishowweroll

filter for ac

1 hour ago, thisishowweroll said:

not finding filter for ac, any hints?

2007 Winnie Adventurer 35A

Not understanding the question. In the system? in the store?

Bill

Likely basement A/C on this model and year.

Filter is under the bed. Lift the bed, lift the access panel, filter below. 

Likely a 16"x20"x1" domestic style filter, available at Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart. 

14 x 20 x 1 - I may still have a storage shed with about a dozen of them in there. If you let me know you're coming I'll check.

I use the regular spun glass filter, green.  AC people have told me that if you put in the thicker filters you really need to increase the air flow.

Got mine at Lowe's or Home depot but you have to catch them when they get them in. You can also have them order them for you.

Ian, is correct.  Coleman Mach basement AC, 16 x 20 x1 filter.  I could not find location.  Ford Workhorse chassis, gas.

On my 2007 WB Tour 40', same AC, the filter was behind a clip on panel by the closet..looking at back, left side!  Spun glass, get at wall mart by the 12 pack! Change out once a month.

Ours are in the returns and we have the same spun glass. Buy it in a roll at WalMart and cut to size (don't replace then as often as we should). Going to do it today.

Herman

For the Winnebago AC the filter on my 2008 was 14 x 20 x 1, not 16.

Thisishowweroll,

As a last resort temporary fix, get some stiff wire mesh and one of those soft rubber like filters used on window ACs. Cut the mesh to the size of the opening and lay in in there. Put the filter over the top of the mesh. You can clean the filter every couple days.

Forgot to mention. Look in the closet under the carpet for the cut out for the filter.

IF thisishowweroll ever returns to answer whether of not they even have a basement heat pump, this is my experience.

I always use Filtrete brand allergen filters since I have COPD and allergies. Yes, I know the owners manual states to use nonrestrictive filters only. My health/breathing rates above what is recommended by the mfgr. The first month I had to change the Filtrete filter weekly, as it coated-over with dust quickly, now it is changed every other month.  I don't know about longevity of the Coleman-Mach/RVP unit, as I've only been using the Filtrete allergen filters since 2013.

BTW, I've never  noticed any air flow restriction, either due to the air filter or matted-over heat exchange radiators.

Ray, I'm just repeating what AC service people have told me about the thicker filters.

My 2008 had basement AC/Heat pump. The filter location was on the left floor in the double wide closet under the carpet.

In the 10 years we owned it we never had one ounce of problems with the basement AC.

Wayne.

Your's was 08' OP & mine was 07'!  Mine was a Tour DP, 40' KD.  I only got the OP's info on AC from Catalog for his unit/ also specs!  

Now Carl, I was working on the WAG principle, not the SWAG principle

Also, when he finds the filter it should say on the side what the dimensions are.  I'd go from there to the store. 🙂

23 hours ago, wayne77590 said:

Ray, I'm just repeating what AC service people have told me about the thicker filters.

My 2008 had basement AC/Heat pump. The filter location was on the left floor in the double wide closet under the carpet.

In the 10 years we owned it we never had one ounce of problems with the basement AC.

I agree with you Wayne, I was just explaining how I  managed my basement heat pump for my specific health concerns. The vast majority of people will obtain satisfactory results with your, or the owners manual recommendations.