Jump to content
blaseyholt

American Coach Heritage 07-08 parts/service

Recommended Posts

We are in California and looking at a couple of American Coaches. I am curious what experience AC owners have had with support on parts and service from Fleetwood on 2007-2008 coaches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had two ACs, and have gotten very few parts from REV, haven't needed to get any of their parts.  The only ones I can think of are an AC emblem to replace one and some shower rollers that I could not find anywhere else, one of which had broken.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The same warehouse parts department for REV also has Fleetwood parts. I have gotten a couple of small parts without any problem. As with any manufacturer, price is higher than other sources if you can find the part. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, blaseyholt said:

We are in California and looking at a couple of American Coaches. I am curious what experience AC owners have had with support on parts and service from Fleetwood on 2007-2008 coaches.

Could you post the make and model of the roof AC units used for your coach?

Rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not that this answers your question directly, but I get my 2006 Newmar Mountain Aire serviced at a AC dealership up here in WA, Maplegrove RV.  They do service and repair on any coach.  The place is so nice and their prices are good (shop rate is $135 an hour).

They are so nice, they know me by name and are always friendly.  They seem to take care of #TravelingDoris very well even though she is usually the oldest coach in there.  I trust them more than the dirty RV shops I typically see around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Brianreed said:

Not that this answers your question directly, but I get my 2006 Newmar Mountain Aire serviced at a AC dealership up here in WA, Maplegrove RV.  They do service and repair on any coach.  The place is so nice and their prices are good (shop rate is $135 an hour).

They are so nice, they know me by name and are always friendly.  They seem to take care of #TravelingDoris very well even though she is usually the oldest coach in there.  I trust them more than the dirty RV shops I typically see around. 

Brian, There is a limited number of RV roof AC manufactures and are common with AC only and even models with heat pumps. The control systems can be manual and thermostatically controlled. That does offer more of a challenge in most cases then the AC units themselves.

Good luck with the repairs. Stay safe and well.

Rich.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DickandLois said:

Brian, There is a limited number of RV roof AC manufactures and are common with AC only and even models with heat pumps. The control systems can be manual and thermostatically controlled. That does offer more of a challenge in most cases then the AC units themselves.

Good luck with the repairs. Stay safe and well.

Rich.  

My reference to AC above is American Coach, not Air Conditioning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brianreed said:

My reference to AC above is American Coach, not Air Conditioning.

Maintenance, is broken down into, the chassis and the coach. Chassis can be made by Freightliner or Spartan in most cases. There are other chassis builders.

The coach was built by Fleetwood. 

The biggest issue  at the time is the fact that builders and there suppliers are closed because of the pandemic at the time. slowing down the the supply chain. 

A used coach cost is directly related to the previous owner(s) and the condition level they had to keep them repaired. Some are diligent while others let things slide .  So the better the records the better the condition of the coach. 

I always remember an add, where the mechanic mentions pay me now or later. The moral to it is fixing it right and on time always is less expensive then later.  Like everything we own, it all requires maintenance. 

Many owners will tell you that the older ones have fewer amenities( built with fewer regulations) and less to go wrong. 

 

Rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brian, my last coach was a 2010 AC Tradition 45Y, the original owner as it turned out, did not take good care of the coach house portion...the K2 chassis, Transmission and engine was at 27,000 miles in 2014, just as good as it is now (unless it's been sold), with 109,000 miles!  No problem finding parts.

IMHO it's a great coach!  I thought you would never depart with "Doris"!  If your asking for a friend, we would still answer!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2020 at 12:41 PM, manholt said:

Brian, my last coach was a 2010 AC Tradition 45Y, the original owner as it turned out, did not take good care of the coach house portion...the K2 chassis, Transmission and engine was at 27,000 miles in 2014, just as good as it is now (unless it's been sold), with 109,000 miles!  No problem finding parts.

IMHO it's a great coach!  I thought you would never depart with "Doris"!  If your asking for a friend, we would still answer!

 

I do really love Doris and we have no plans to replace her (2006 Newmar Mountain Air 4304.  My coach is maintained very well and has been maintained well by previous owners. I have 2 full binders of every record and I am containing to do that. 

The only place that works on the Spartan chassis (Motor, chassis, and Generator) is Cummins.  I get everything from them OE all the way.

The Coach itself is either me, Andre an amazing independent repair guy up here in WA or Maplegrove RV,  unless there is an emergency. 

I think the only Newmar maintained better than Doris is the RVGeeks 2006 Mountain Aire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brianreed said:

I think the only Newmar maintained better than Doris is the RVGeeks 2006 Mountain Aire.

I told them I find their videos more interesting now that I have a MADP to.:D

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...