OLDMARINE

Chassis Air Dryer

I have a 2010 Pheaton (36QSA) Freightliner Chassis w/Cummins 8.3L .

I have called Freightliner and ask for the Part # , they told me "we dont give out Part #s . I ask them for a Price on a Air Dryer Cartridge . He said $ 34.89 , I Questioned the Price , and he told me we also need Your old Filter . He said is is a reconditioned Filter . Has anybody ever heard anything like this? Then after continuing the conversation , He said a new one is $202.49 + tax .What would YOU say

I am wide open to any Answer , Thanks in Advance .       OldMarine

When you say you called Freightliner, did you mean Gaffney or a local dealer?  Call the Freightliner Service Center in Gaffney, 864-206-8683, ask for parts. Have the last 6 numbers of your VIN. 

Any chance you can get the part number off of the air dryer?

Most have a tag on the side with the make, model and serial of the dryer. 

Try this number. 103 Campus Drive, Gaffney, SC 29341, P: 855-253-0421
F: 864-206-8755. 

On my last Freightliner it had a MODEL: XC CHASSIS. The Desiccant cartridge is HDX DQ6036.
The Coalescing filter is HDX DQ6032.

This is why it is helpful if you put your coach and some basic information in your signature. It saves time and gets better answers.

Bill

HI to all .

I decided To go to Storage + crawl under the Coach + lock . it has a Bendix Dryer . And because Freightliner was not helpful ,i will not get my Parts from now on from them . And thats Ok for me , someone else will be verry willing to take my Money . I just can notget it as quickly as from them .But when you areas old as me , Time does not mean this much .

Thank YOU all that answered back , w/best Regards .     OLD MARINE

$202 for a new one is $16 less than what Linda (now my wife) paid for her's when she had her Phaeton 40, CAT 350...she changed it out herself, no labor!

Oldmarine, as mentioned Bendix makes many different models but most use the same desiccant filter.
You are lucky it’s not a Haladex air dryer, Freighliner used those around the same year and they are very expensive!
Any idea how old the dryer assembly is? I replace my filter every 2 years and the complete dryer every 4. While air dryers are pretty simple there are other components that wear out and a remanufactured assembly usually is not that expensive.

Our coach has a Meritor SS1200, the filter is around $30.00 a complete air dryer is $189.00.

Most parts on a RV chassis can be purchased online or in a truck parts store which gives you the ability to shop around.

Edited by jleamont