gthatch

RV Lot Insurance

After several trips to the Fort Myers area, we decided to buy a lot. Also, if we are not using lot, the office will rent the lot out if we wish to be in their rental program (70/30 split). I am seeking recommendations on RV site/lot liability coverage as well as for the storage shed and tiki hut on the lot. I would want to make sure the liability insurance protects me and provides coverage if the lot renter does something stupid and gets injured on my lot. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

9 minutes ago, manholt said:

When its rented out, its on the Park. 

Good point however I would have it confirmed in writing from the park's owner. Just as a precaution.

Herman

I'd have it confirmed by the insurance company.

p.s., and then I'd ask for a mock up policy to look at.

Edited by wayne77590
p.s.

Thank you all for the replies. My agent in Ohio cannot sell a policy in FL. I am waiting to hear back from someone at Cypress Trail with the phone number for the place that everyone in this community seems to use. It is either Integrity or something similar in Punta Gorda. I have tried Googling but there are several with similar names. I have also posted in the owners group FB page, no one has replied yet. 

Yes, i do want the coverage on the shed and tiki as well as liability. Would really like to add the umbrella coverage like I have at home in Ohio.

Again, I do appreciate the responses.

Calling the insurer for my RV now, Progressive.  UPDATE, not offered by Progressive

Edited by gthatch

Update: I have learned the name of company that insures most of the lots here in Cypress Trail. Waiting on the quote, sounds promising.

FMCA Insurance will not insure my lot because it can be rented out when I am not using it.

I just had Miller Insurance in Oregon write a policy on my RV site in TX.  I had previously used a different company; Miller's quote is significantly less.  I strongly urge you to contact Roxanne at Miller; she's very competent.  

ROXANNE M. SUTTON
5805 SW Willow Lane | Lake Oswego, OR 97035
(800) 622-6347 toll free | (503) 636-6347 main | (503) 699-9348 fax