f442485

Battery Disconnect switch (salesman switch)

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this switch or know where i can get one. I'm having an issue with this one. The interior lights will start to flicker and then go out. If I touch, not depress, the switch, everything will start working again. I've called REV and are no help. The coach is 17 years old and I think I just need to replace it. I haven't been able to locate one here in California. I've been told that it is no longer available. If I had a wiring diagram, I could tell if a newer style switch can be used in it's place. Thanks.

2004 Holiday Rambler Endevor

330 ISC Cummins

Bill, true but I have found that the only way to completely get rid of phantom draws is to disconnect the positive and negative batteries. I have found there are those little critters where you least expect them. "Snaky little devils!"

Herman  

Bill,

I am referring to the 12VDC solenoid that the salesman switch controls. By connecting both terminals to one lug on the solenoid you close the circuit, thereby bypassing the solenoid and rendering the salesman switch useless. No more bumping it off/on inadvertently. Using the disconnect switches at the batteries if you have them, will cut power when desired or in storage. If no switches, then as Herman said, disconnect from batteries. Hope this helps.

Edited by frank.bergamo
Wrong name mentioned

Thanks Herman

I got bored and went back to work at Giant RV as a walk thru tech. We have boxes of obsolete parts that are going back to the manufacture and I found the correct switch in one of many boxes. I will install it tomorrow when I get home from work.

46 minutes ago, f442485 said:

I got bored and went back to work at Giant RV as a walk thru tech.

What exactly is that? I think I have had one before walked through charged up a bill and didn't fix anything.😁

Bill

Yes Herman would agree that is the best.

Frank,  On my coach the switch controls what it controls but no solenoid. It has only heavy red single 0 wire in and out. That is what I get for having an old 99 wired very simply, no real frills. Frankly suits me just fine. Gotta love that big old C 12 CAT...

10 hours ago, rsbilledwards said:

Yes Herman would agree that is the best.

Frank,  On my coach the switch controls what it controls but no solenoid. It has only heavy red single 0 wire in and out. That is what I get for having an old 99 wired very simply, no real frills. Frankly suits me just fine. Gotta love that big old C 12 CAT...

Thank you for that explanation.  I have a "sister" coach, a 2000 Beaver Patriot Thunder, and I've always puzzled over the location of the salesman switch relay.  There probably isn't one!  

docj,

on my 2002 Marquis, the salesman solenoid was located in the battery compartment above the batteries, between two ceramic looking fuses, one for chassis, the other for coach. Hope this helps.

wildbill308, a walk thru tech teaches new owners how everything works in the coach they just bought. It doesn't cost them anything where I work.

I just finished renewing the battery disconnect solenoid and control switch and it seems like the lights are a little brighter. The solenoid is located in the electrical cabinet, at the left front corner and the control switch (salesmen switch) is located in the control panel at the front door. Everything is fixed.