Warrenb34

Electrical issues after batteries replaced and generator removed and reinstalled

We had all six house batteries replaced then drove it to a generator shop who removed serviced and then reinstalled our Generac generator.

On the drive home the stop engine light on the dash illuminated and lights in the coach Dimmed.

Prior to having the batteries replaced and the generator removed and reinstalled we had no electrical issues but now we have them. 

We are getting nowhere with the generator shop or the mobile mechanic who replaced the batteries..

Any suggestions would be appreciated I am in Gilbert Arizona and need to get it going so I can get back on the road

Edited by Warrenb34
Miss spellings

A wire shorted or you had a battery drop a plate and short out 

You need someone to remove and check batteries and wiring 

Welcome!

As said.  It would help if we knew make, model, year off coach and is it acid or AGM along with inverter?  6V in series, 12V or 24V?

I highly suspect the person who replaced the batteries did not re-install the cables and wiring correctly. Hopefully you took a picture of y our battery wiring before disconnecting anything.  Does the genset function properly? I've never heard of having to remove a genset simply to service it unless  you had the drive belt, thermostat replaced, etc.

Rayin,  generators  on a Prevost Conversion is in a side  bay, along with Wabasco OTR heat/AC/water heater.  I have seen some in front, but not on a slide as ours.

6 house batteries is also unusual...Gas stove/gas furnace is usually 4, 6V...All electric coach, like mine, is 8, 6V.

The question is why is the OP having problems with his chasse battery's when they worked on/changed the house batteries? OP said "On the drive home the stop engine light on the dash illuminated and lights in the coach Dimmed." Why wasn't the alternator keeping up with the load? 

Need more information.

Bill

25 minutes ago, wildebill308 said:

Need more information.

Bill

All is just assumption, we don't know if the OP has a stop engine light for the generator on his dash or is it the coach engine stop warning. Six six volt house batteries is not that uncommon in some units. As Bill stated, NEED MORE INFORMATION, to give good answers.