Jump to content
darryljtaylor

Right Turn signal stuck.

Recommended Posts

Hi 

I just bought a 2002 Winnebago Adventurer on a workhorse chassis. Getting ready for our first outing and the right turn signal is Stuck on. Hazards work. Left does not work. 
swapped out one of the two flashers as I had one with no change. Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad or shorted bulb. Also does it have a signal light combiner at the trailer hitch. That could have gone bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Darryl,

Welcome to the Forum. There are a lot of things that go through you turn signal unit in your steering wheel. You may have a stuck contact. Try moving the lever up and down several times. That may unstick the contact. It will be like giving "Chicken soup to a dead man, it may not work but it can't hurt."

If you haven't heard the story, here it is. Two Ladies in New York were talking and one said, "Did you hear that Saul died?" and the other one said, "did they give him Chicken Soup?" The first lady said, "He's dead it can't help!" and the second lady said, "It can't Hurt." :D

Herman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, darryljtaylor said:

Hi 

I just bought a 2002 Winnebago Adventurer on a workhorse chassis. Getting ready for our first outing and the right turn signal is Stuck on. Hazards work. Left does not work. 
swapped out one of the two flashers as I had one with no change. Thoughts?

What is the model of the Workhorse Chassis?

Rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W22

Thanks guys. I fixed it. Seems my three year old was playing in the seat and jammed the hazard switch. I fussed with it, got it back in alignment and it works perfect. 
 

We are excited for our first trip. We felt it would be wise to buy something old and depreciated for a few years to see how much we use it before jumping off the deep end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, darryljtaylor said:

W22

Thanks guys. I fixed it. Seems my three year old was playing in the seat and jammed the hazard switch. I fussed with it, got it back in alignment and it works perfect. 
 

We are excited for our first trip. We felt it would be wise to buy something old and depreciated for a few years to see how much we use it before jumping off the deep end. 

All well that ends well, And yes welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Thanks for the information. If you need some chassis information in the future, just add the model number of the chassis. 

Rich.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, wildebill308 said:

Welcome to the forum. Where are you and where are you headed for your first trip? I bet you are excited.

Bill

We’re in Midlothian, TX; just south of Dallas. Figured we’d do an easy trip out to a place north of Tyler. Then, most of our trips will center around lakes so I can take the boat. We have Yellowstone planned for July and then meeting my Dad in Albuquerque for Balloon Fiesta. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

darryljtaylor.  Welcome to the Forum! :)

wildbill308, lives in FT. Worth area, I'm in Burnet.  Lots of Lakes in Texas! :wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darryljtaylor said:

July and then meeting my Dad in Albuquerque for Balloon Fiesta.

I would make my reservations NOW for balloon fest. That is a amazingly busy time in that area. Enchanted Trails RV Park & Trading Post is one of my favorite places to stay in ABQ http://www.enchantedtrails.com/

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/30/2021 at 11:43 AM, wildebill308 said:

I would make my reservations NOW for balloon fest. That is a amazingly busy time in that area. Enchanted Trails RV Park & Trading Post is one of my favorite places to stay in ABQ http://www.enchantedtrails.com/

Bill

We did! I flew for a company in ABQ for a couple years. Love the area. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill, how is it to navigate our 47' coach & toad thru there?  Also, I'm 13' 4" high!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manholt said:

Bill, how is it to navigate our 47' coach & toad thru there?  Also, I'm 13' 4" high!

Are you talking about the ABQ area or the campgrounds? I would say no problem on either. The only thing to watch for is the campgrounds are on the acess road off I-40 on the west side of town. Just as you top the hill at the exit with the Loves. Turn right and then left on the acess road. Look at the map once you see it it is not a problem. It is down past Albuquerque RV and Camping World.

I don't see any problem getting our little camper in there.

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Grief, my DW and I used to stay there in the early 80's in an Apollo 3000!  Last time we where there, 1989 in a 32' Bart...it was much smaller then, but great for looking at the balloons....picture nothing below it, but wide open  land!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bill, last time I was at the Balloon fiesta was 2014, in the field.  We are going with Fantasy Tours next year! 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, manholt said:

We are going with Fantasy Tours next year! 😁

To the Balloon fiesta?

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/29/2021 at 7:03 PM, darryljtaylor said:

W22

Thanks guys. I fixed it. Seems my three year old was playing in the seat and jammed the hazard switch. I fussed with it, got it back in alignment and it works perfect. 
 

We are excited for our first trip. We felt it would be wise to buy something old and depreciated for a few years to see how much we use it before jumping off the deep end. 

Must have been the chicken soup!😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...