timnjulie

Leveling 38 foot class A diesel pusher

I always ask if the site is level. If I pull into one and it is "way" off I call the office and tell them it is not satisfactory. Same thing for length when I don't want to unhook. When reserving I always ask.

A site that is only 1 or 2 degrees off level should be no problem, auto or manual.

If the slope is from front to back of the MH, care, as stated, as to be taken to not lift the rear wheels off the ground. That is where the brakes are,

If you have a 3 jack system, make sure the front jack has raised your MH slightly before deploying the rear jacks. This help to keep the frame from twisting, and damaging your windshields and front cap.

Richard

On 10/30/2023 at 7:45 PM, rls7201 said:

If you have a 3 jack system, make sure the front jack has raised your MH slightly before deploying the rear jacks. This help to keep the frame from twisting, and damaging your windshields and front cap.

Richard

Like Richard said.

This is a good process even with 4 jacks. The front 2 are connected so they equalize and stay fairly level. This takes the twisting stress off the body.

Bill

I think Lippert leveling system jacks can be operated individually.  The HWH 4-jack system operates in pairs only to prevent frame twisting, the 3-jack system cannot be manipulated to twist the frame,  as the front deploys first and acts as a pivot point for the rear jacks. It matters not if the leveling system is operated in auto-level or manual mode. Of course, air-leveling is impossible to twist the frame.

I  have no knowledge of the Kwikee Level Best, Power Gear or Bigfoot leveling systems.

Edited by rayin