five

Slow Death.....

It appears our forum is dying a slow death.  Most of the old high time, and knowledgeable,  posters are gone.  I just checked, and as I type this there is only one other person on this forum.  I came here from another forum, it's ''currently active users" was 216 members and 10,629 non members on the forum at that time.

I have been an FMCA member for several years but just recently started to visit this forum.  Truth be told, I visited another forum quite often prior to this one, but after they changed their format recently, I figured I'd try out the FMCA forums.  Unfortunately, there aren't too many posts or much to reply to here.  However, I keep checking daily, hoping for some interesting topics.

I noticed a change after Herman passed and Joe Leamont was released as forum moderators. I asked several weeks ago if we had a forum mod and somebody posted a link that  there are several but apparently they don't participate. 

Actually, I think the decline started when the Executive Board decided to not continue paying Brett Wolfe as moderator. He decided to not continue as chairman of the Technical Review committee for articles in the magazine. He now supporting another forum. 

I keep checking   

I do miss Brett's input  also tireman's information  

And we all miss Herman 

Carl Kristensen got blocked and couldn't sine on and they said they hadn't but never could get back on so he quit. 

Yes I don't understand why the upper management isn't on and or monitoring the forums. Seams like it would be a good tool.

Bill

I check this forum every day. First in the morning having coffee and then again before going to bed.  I don't have  a lot to say but if the occasion arises where I might be able to help someone I typically chime in. 

I agree with Ross, when Brett was forced out it killed the discussion forums, then when Herman passed it nailed the demise. All of Brett's work is still  documented on the diesel club forum, but accessing it is not easy. I think Don is now the moderator here. IMO  one option to saving money is reduce personnel at HQ, as membership declines so should office staff.

This will get you there, then  you must sign in again. https://forum.dieselrvclub.org/index.php/topic,4960.msg7180.html#msg7180

Edited by rayin

On 2/12/2024 at 9:38 AM, rossboyer said:

Actually, I think the decline started when the Executive Board decided to not continue paying Brett Wolfe as moderator. He decided to not continue as chairman of the Technical Review committee for articles in the magazine. He now supporting another forum. 

I still think the Forum is valuable and I value the opinion of the long time members along with the new ones. I would love to hear everyone's ideas and if anyone out there would like to help monitor the forum, it would certainly be appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from everyone. 

Paul Mitchell

FMCA Senior VP

11 hours ago, elkhartjim said:

Just curious, who is Don?

Here's his User Name, used to post, but not much lately:  dons2346