jemcge28

Short, Under 12 foot Tall Class A Motor Homes

I have a '93 Safari Trek that is still going strong.

24 ' long, Isuzu diesel. Fits just about anywhere...

Safari made a number of gas/diesel options in the size range you are looking for. Would be worth a look.

- Troy+

I guess your question raises more questions. Why the height reasriction? Do you have a garage with that height, or are there attractions you want to see that have restrictions (I can't think of too many). Most restrictions limit length and sometimes width, not height (except a few tunnels).

As you can see from previous posts, most shorter coaches are at least 15 years old. mine is a 1989 southwind that only comes up to 11' 6", even with an extra storage box on the roof. Would this be too old for your liking?

Most Winnebago 40 ft Diesel Pushers do not have a/c units on the roof and with a non dome satellite (Moto Sat and others that fold down) you can be as low as 11'7" and you will enjoy not having that weight of the a/c units on your roof. I noticed that some Winnebago models are showing up with roof mounted units after the recession because it appears to be less expensive during manufacturing.

We needed more a/c cooling so I just installed a portable unit ( 10K BTU )to cool the bedroom while the engine is cooling down.

Little bit of effort but it works great.

Our 2004 Airstream Land Yacht (30 ft. with one slide, 8.1 l gas) is listed as 122 inches high. This unit was produced through 2005 and comes in 26, 30, 30 with slide, and 33 ft. lengths, all with the 8.1 GM engine.

Sam

"I noticed that some Winnebago models are showing up with roof mounted units after the recession because it appears to be less expensive during manufacturing."

According to information that I read on the Winnebago website, the reason the AC units were moved to the roof is because the equipment needed for the stricter engine emissions requirements took up the basement space where they used to put the AC. For what it's worth. :+)

I knew I should have left that part out because it was not useful to the man's question and it opened the door to a conversation of who knows more. Actually I don't know for sure if I'm correct but, sitting in the waiting room at Winnebago the discussion was why would they ditch HWH, basement air, Z1 and go to smaller engines, among other items on many models. The common thought was that it was recession related and how to get the price down.

Jim,

We have a 2013 Fleetwood Excursion 35B. It is advertised as being made to fit in a 12' garage. Very low profile for a DP. We love our rig.

Thanks to all who posted replies to my original post.

To clarify my needs.

We currently own a 2012 30GA Tiffin Open Road. 12 foot 9 inches tall, 101 inches wide. My wife won't drive it.

I want to down size to something she will feel comfortable with, but stay with a class A. We had a B and a C. Really like the A..

Tiffin has the Breeze 32 foot DP, 11 foot 2 inches high, 95 inches wide that would fit the bill. I was just wondering if any other MFG might offer a similar sized coach, preferably not more than 2 or 3 years old.

Jim

Have a 1998 Foretravel 36 ft, with satellite doom it is 11'7" bought it in Dec last year, great machine runs like a top. No low overhead problems yet after 5500 miles since purchase. Some of the new GPS have RV specifics built in to avoid low overheads.