neilcarol

Walmart Overnight RV Parking Considerations

I too am single and a life member of NRA. Having said that, I do carry a weapon in the coach and several deterrents. My gun is well hidden, because I don't want to replace a window or clean the coach. The people that want in and also do you harm to get what they want, money for drugs, are less likely to do so, if they can see that your armed and ready. In my case, I carry 2 double barrel 12 gauge...just the barrels! One is clipped to the driver side and one on co-pilot side, so when you look in window, you'll see about a foot of the barrels & both are lit by a night light ! Been using them since 1978 & never had a problem!

I will take a guess that 20% of the Forum members, when the need arises, will shot first and then ask questions. The rest will be shot and probably by their own gun! That's the biggest problem with a carry permit, shooting at targets, is not the same as shooting a person! The words, "STOP", "HALT" and "DROP YOUR WEAPON". Only applies to Hollywood!!!

Problem with a Taser is that you got to be up close and in the persons face! I like wasp spray, get that on a perps face and eyes, they will not want to do anything for several hours and the up side is you won't have to worry about wasps in your rig!

Carl

Carl, I love the barrel idea, you have got to post a photo of that!

The DW's Taser shoots probes 15'. She asked me if I would volunteer for her to practice, I declined, those cartridges are too expensive to play with. :D

Joe,

Is cost the only reason you declined?? :huh::wacko:

Herman

HAHA, I was waiting to see who would catch that. I had to get pepper sprayed in the Police academy for training, glad Tasers were not around then and I have no desire to see how they feel. My wife thought it would be funny to try on me, I guess that's what 18 yrs of marriage will do to a person. :wacko:

keysbabe1,

One thing you have that you need to keep close at hand is your keys. You have a Panic Button and when in doubt, hit the Panic Button, pick up the, as suggested, Taser then investigate. If no problem then you can turn off the Panic Alarm and resume what you were doing.

It is a shame, that in this day and age we must be so concerned with the bad elements around us.

Mam, be safe and keep on RVing.

Herman

I really like your idea of keeping the keys close at hand. If it turns out to be nothing, you can always say you pushed the wrong button and hit "Panic" by mistake. Thanks for the tip.

Joe.

Never, allow your DW to use you as a practice dummy! :rolleyes::wacko:

I would post a picture, don't know how...I would do me first, with a mask or like Herman. :D

Carl

HAHA, I was waiting to see who would catch that. I had to get pepper sprayed in the Police academy for training, glad Tasers were not around then and I have no desire to see how they feel. My wife thought it would be funny to try on me, I guess that's what 18 yrs of marriage will do to a person. :wacko:

Well at least she asked before and didn't ask for forgiveness after. :P:D

Bill

A little taste of the dreaded "change of life" :( ? Joe, your timing in giving DW a weapon, is not good! :rolleyes: Let us know how it feels after you get up off the floor... :P:lol:

Carl

I like the wasp spray idea, and be sure to post the NRA lifetime member sticker in very prominent locations, maybe even a tag next to the FMCA Egg.