Sign in to follow this  
petersensrv

Portable BBQ Grills For Carrying In RV

We are new to RVing and am looking to purchase a good portable propane BBQ with a stand.

Would like to be able purchase extended line for hooking to RV propane tank and not have to carry separate bottles.

Any suggestions on brands, features to look for, size, etc.?

Thanks,

Bill

This is the one we use. It will fold down to a fairly easy to store size. This is a grill not a BBQ so you have to leave the cover up/open to cook on it.

I gave up on the "table" models since we did not always have table to place the grill on; and some campground tables are now plastic and not good for placing a grill on due the potential to melt the table top.

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-9949-750-Road-Trip-Grill/dp/B0009V1BDA/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1402874204&sr=1-1&keywords=roadtrip+grill

We have carried a Baby "Q" for years. Works on butane throw away cans and we also have a hose to connect to refillable bottles. Haven't tried it on coach butane.

Herman

I, like huffypuff use the Traeger PTG. It is not propane but have owned 3 propane before, and would not go back. It did not come with a stand but there is one available that takes up little room for storage.

We use the Baby Q from Weber but be aware there are 2 models available. The model 120 has a higher dome lid and has a thermometer. When we bought ours it was a little hard to find and I'm glad we did the search. Lowes had it but only by special order. We have tried several and I am convinced there is no "best" grill but this one meets our needs.

Herman, I use a hose from our coach propane tank. Something plugged the Weber regulator on our Q-100 with the yellow stuff soon after I started using the 25' hose. I had used the hose on our fire ring and Coleman stove several times with no problems. I purchased a new regulator at Ace Hardware and now no problems whatsoever. I have heard of others having problems with the stock regulator after converting to the higher pressure(?) coach tank. At least I think the tank is at higher pressure. Don't know for sure, but something caused the failure. I had set my stock regulator on the floor at Ace and the yellow fluid came pouring out. Shaking it caused a lot more to come out.

By the way, our coach propane tank is a 50 gallon model and gets used for our four burner coach stove & oven, furnaces (2), outside Coleman stove, Weber grill, coach Onan Emerald III generator, and Fire pit. So we are replenishing the 44 gallons in the tank frequently.

Was there too much of "that smelly additive" in our tank? Don't know, but everything worked fine except for the original Q-100 regulator.

Weber 120. Have had all available, from $ 30-350, Weber is still the best! Back in the 80's, we had

3 metal rings that made an inverted pyramid, used a crumbled up page of newspaper and a teaspoon of

veg. oil...have not seen them in 30+ years.

Carl C.

I like the Solaire grills. They are expensive but will last forever and the amount of heat from the infrared element is unbelieveable.

http://solairegasgrills.com/products/accessories/portable-grills/

Soi, I am not the only one with the Solaire? We also have the same brand at home-- the put out a lot of heat.

We can use the small hand carry models or a larger tank.

I just wish the infrared burner was a bit larger.

It can manage two items at a time.