Sign in to follow this  
JohnJill

Carpet Cleaning

In need of cleaning carpets. What method is recommended for the carpets A company like Chem Dry or a steam cleaning company.

I use and like a good steam cleaning. My carpets are high quality Stain Master carpets and they are 15 years old. While they are clearly not in "new" condition, they still look great, the pile is still fluffy and it cleans up like nearly new. I have tried the dry chem applications and it was terrible. I did use the Rug Doctor to do it myself and it "worked" but not as well as the professional truck mounted steam equipment. Don't use anyone using anything less than the full truck mounted, heated, steam equipment.

I don't know what motorhome you have, JohnJill, but some manufactures have used particleboard for their sub-flooring. I would not want to get that material very wet.

I guess you would want to be prepared to be out of your motorhome for several hours with the a/c running to allow time for the carpet to dry.

I've had our rugs cleaned several times over the past 14 months - I always ask the RV park who they recommend to do this service - you really want someone who has cleaned coaches before - not a rookie !

It will take most of the day for the rugs to dry so plan accordingly - last job cost us $95 -

This is the best little carpet cleaner for our use. DW has been using this wiyh cleaning solution since we purchased the MH. She uses it on carpet and upholstery.

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Multi-Purpose-Portable-Cleaner-1400B/dp/B0016HF5GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405020715&sr=8-2&keywords=little+green+machine+bissell

It brings the carpet back to life.

It also will clean a full cup of coffee from the couch cushions. :D:rolleyes:

Thanks Everyone

We just got back from Destin Fla and I'm sure we have brought back a little sand home. I have a carpet co coming out today to take care of it. And by the way Camp Gulf is by far the best rv resort I have found.

Glad you enjoyed Camp Gulf. But be careful telling others that you brought back sand from Florida, that is a punishable crime in Fl., LOL.

I do carpet cleaning (and other stuff) for a living. I have used our wet cleaning equipment to clean the carpets and upholstery in our old motorhome with no problems.

Chris g.

F3508s

1989 southwind.

This is the best little carpet cleaner for our use. DW has been using this wiyh cleaning solution since we purchased the MH. She uses it on carpet and upholstery.

http://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-Multi-Purpose-Portable-Cleaner-1400B/dp/B0016HF5GK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1405020715&sr=8-2&keywords=little+green+machine+bissell

It brings the carpet back to life.

It also will clean a full cup of coffee from the couch cushions. :D:rolleyes:

I have that same one in my bay. It does a fine job. Only thing is that I have to lay down on the floor to use it. Knees are bad. When at the S&B, I use a house shampoo machine, I just don't pull the trigger for a log period of time and I just do small strip about 1 to 1-1/2 foot long so the water doesn't get to stand very long. AC on and a good drying time.

I prefer getting my carpets cleaned by ECOCLEANCARES . They have really good services for cleaning resisdential and commercial carpets at reasonable prices.Initially I use to get the carpet cleaning services from Chem Dry , then one of my friends suggested me to try Ecocleancares once, and I am very much satisfied by their services.For more information about this , have a look here .