whiteeagle

Congratulations And Appreciation To FMCA For Decision To Cover Emergency Recovery Services

I understand one can't reply to the announcement of the new association-paid FMCAssist member benefit, but it's worthy of significant appreciation ... and I've personally heard from other past members that they dropped out due to past decisions to drop the availability to get that coverage.

In any case, If I understand it correctly, it's a significant added benefit of FMCA membership.

Thanks to the decision makers.

I guess I am not understanding something here. I just received the latest issue of FMCA magazine. There was an ad for Seven Corners and the trip assist program. Looks like FMCA will coordinate the return of remains, pets, and RV at the owners expense. This is included in your membership. If you want the insurance to pay you still need to pay the premium. Correct?

Jack, what FMCA is now providing is basically the same as the Medex they had before. It will be included in the membership dues. The reason Seven Corners ad was in the magazine was the ads went in several months ago and the Vote was taken in Redmond to reinstate the coverage and to include it in your dues. There will not be an increase in dues either. So no you will not be having to purchase the coverage.

Herman

Herman:

FMCAssist is much more than the old Medex. FMCAssist is worldwide coverage for medical emergency repatriation. Also, your motorhome and towed vehicle will be returned to your home in Canada, Mexico, and USA. You do need to be a member of FMCA or Associate Member and traveling 100 miles from home.

FMCAssist is not medical insurance; and for those of us on Medicare, Medicare does not cover you outside of the US. For that coverage, one needs to purchase Travel Insurance to cover medical expenses when traveling outside the U.S. FCMA does have Travel Insurance available to purchase. What we don't know, is what Concierge Services will be included in FMCAssist. One of those is Pet Return.

Many of those services will probably not be used when traveling in your motorhome, but if you travel abroad or on a cruise, they may be very important.

Thank You FMCA for this assistance program. My travel assistance with another carrier expires this month & we felt we just didn't need the expense at this time so we were letting it expire. Now with our paid dues we still have coverage starting in Oct. if an unexpected event should happen we will be covered.