We like the in-motion. Family can be watching dish while I am driving. I also have added a set of headphones so as not to compete with the satellite radio.

Jaime

Our in-motion dome will go when it dies. We don't use the in-motion feature at all and will move to a HDTV capable dish with our next. How long will that be? We're on our fourth KVH dish in eleven years with this coach. I don't think it will be too long. No more KVH for us.

The larger pop-up dish which provides HDTV capability also gives much better reception in marginal conditions such as stormy weather or high latitudes when the satellite is located near the horizon. We were impressed by the RV Mogul equipment displayed at a recent FMCA Rally. Another company which will be on our list to consider when we make the change is Winegard.

We plan on adding the latest Winegard Traveler Direct TV self aiming unit to our coach before heading west this summer. I may do the install, but that depends on how my back feels at the time. Check Solid Signal's website for their price. I have dealt with them several times over the years and find their pricing and service good. If for no other reason, the site is a good place to come up with ideas.

We have the original KVH in-motion dome on our 2005 Itasca Horizon. We use it to listen to satellite radio via the "Sonic" channels on DirecTV while traveling. No reason to pay for Sirius, which IMO is too expensive, anyway. Being full-timers, with DirecTV, we're also able to get east and west coast network feeds, also.

LOL, hope you was not one of the stuck RV's on I-45N...Rita. I still have the T-Shirt " I survived Rita exodus". I was in another coach and hauling a trailer, cut off on 518, just before it was closed, and took 146N all the way to Livingston! Then to Gladewater, TX. Unfortunately Rita followed me!

I should have kept DirecTV, but now have a Dish crank up that I can't use. Another thing that need to be changed! I personally like motorized crank up. Have had all the others.

Carl

Carl,

And we escaped Rita on a cruise out of Galveston (our annual extended family "Hurricane Cruise"). We got from Galveston to Jamaica before some made it from Galveston to Dallas.

Texas learned a lot from that one!

Carl,

No, at that time, we lived in Vernon Parish, LA, and rode out the hurricane. She was still a Cat 1 when she hit us, roughly 125 miles inland! The stick-and-brick was damaged; but, there wasn't a scratch on the HR fifth-wheel parked right beside it... I told my wife that it was a sign that we needed to begin full-timing. The house sold as soon as it was repaired, because housing was short; and, we drove away and haven't looked back. In Jan 2013, we traded for a Class A; and, we are still traveling.

My SIL and her husband lived in Pasadena, TX, at the time. It took them 36 hours to reach our house when they evacuated, trying to avoid the hurricane; but they only managed to secure their spot directly in Rita's path... We were only without power for a week; but, they were already back home within two days with absolutely no damage to their home.

Tom

The massive back up, would not have happened at all, if the Mayor of Houston (Bill White?) had not panicked! I was getting on the La Port bridge, when the evacuation order was given.

In Gladewater, we where on generator power for 6 hours at the ranch, I was parked in a metal barn with 3 LQ/horse trailers and a tree that had blown clean thru the rafters...not a scratch on any RV! Thank God I was in the house.

What I learned from that. Leave town, when they say, "it may hit the upper coast"! I did for Ike. Watched it for 4 days, it also came to the ranch! If it is a next time, I will go WEST to Schulenburg and play golf in the sun, like the rest of my friends did!

Carl

LOL, hope you was not one of the stuck RV's on I-45N...Rita. I still have the T-Shirt " I survived Rita exodus". I was in another coach and hauling a trailer, cut off on 518, just before it was closed, and took 146N all the way to Livingston! Then to Gladewater, TX. Unfortunately Rita followed me!

I should have kept DirecTV, but now have a Dish crank up that I can't use. Another thing that need to be changed! I personally like motorized crank up. Have had all the others.

Carl

I wish we had the new RV when Rita hit. Instead we departed in the car. Left Texas City and 15 and 1/2 hours later arrived Luftkin 150 miles away. Luckily we had reserved a motel room but Rita was a Cat-1 through Luftkin. For Ike we had the new MH and didin't even have TOAD connectivity yet. DW followed me in the car and we went to Willis, TX. Not far enough. Cat-1 came through Willis and we were without power. Four days later without power I decided to move to get fuel, Barely made it to a gas station near Austin that had power and fuel. Quite a line waiting. Fortunately our departure from Texas City and Ike was 72 hours before landfall. No traffic problems at all in the MH. I'm not sure about everyone else but I learned - leave early and no later than 72 hours.

We were trying to go West through East Texas to go to my FIL's funeral during the evacuation for Ike. Every time we'd come onto a major intersection, the police would make us turn North. At the very next opportunity we would turn back to the West until we *finally* got to Copperas Cove... Not a good trip in any way.

Tom