chanke

Airbag Leaking When Sitting

11 hours ago, 20monaco said:

All I can tell you is power gear trueline leveling system is on  touchpad.  I don't have jacks all airbags.  

Yes, I need to get safety stands to hold it up and start at the manifolds and trace the lines and couplings.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum !

Links to some Power gear True line information.

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/pg-valid-manual-air-level-install-service.pdf

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/technical-information-sheets/Power_Gear/Leveling/pg_Valid_diagnostic_manual_airhyd.pdf

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/pg_valid_air_only_operator_manual_7_6_05.pdf

This link is more related to the Beaver coach system.

http://beaveramb.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Power-Gear-Valid_Service_Manual.pdf

Rich.

17 hours ago, 20monaco said:

Yes, I need to get safety stands

Please make sure that you get stands that can hold the full amount of weight that could come down on them quite quickly. Most jack stands have their weight rating labeled per pair, not for each individual jack stand. I'd avoid the junk sold at box stores and get a quality stand - it's going to be the only thing between you and many tons of vehicle. Leveling jacks are not jack stands.

Whatever you get, you also need to know the proper location for the jack stand so that the body of the coach doesn't come down on you while you're under it. It's not the axles that you are trying to hold up - it's the body. Should the air bags that you're working on suddenly fail the body of the coach is going to come down quickly. Put them in the wrong place and the jack stand will just push a hole through the floor of the RV or bend a weak support piece as it settles down.

Working safely under a motor home is not a simple task and not something that should be ignored. Maybe this is a topic which would make a good seminar at a rally?

There is an allen screw at front of manifold that is also leaking (attached).

Is it just a plug or is there any springs or anything behind that I need to worry about if I remove to try and stop leak at that point.  The literature I got shows only three (3)valves? not the four (4) valves on my manifold, what is the fourth for?

Thanks for any help 

air manifold.rtf

There are 3 supply valves for the system and 1 valve to release the air from the system, in most cases. 

The air leaks are at the out put of the  solenoid operated air valves, there is on spring under the connections to the air springs / levelers that I know of. 

With the system aired down the lines should disconnect from the connections, Mark each line so you know where to reconnect them - look at the line ends for any damage or cracks. Check the  quick disconnects are OK, clean and sealed well into there solenoid.    Sure looks like things are leaking at the line coupler not at the coupler connection at the valves.

Rich.

Those parker fittings are know to vibrate loose.   Press down on the plastic piece and remove hose.  Then clean the hose, put a little rubber lube on the end and press back in the fitting until it stops.  Tug on the line the to make sure it's seated.  Then test again.  Others talked to you about safety so I won't go through that again.  

2007 Monaco Dynasty

Just wanted to note what the resolution was to my problem with passenger side loosing air when sitting.  Turned out it the cloth 1" airline going to one of the passenger front air bags (behind the wheel in my case) had a leak in it where the fitting was crimped.  The only way to see it was to put the rv up on blocks and with mirrors and camera on phone capture the leak on the back side.  Was able to get the line off (barely) with 1-1/4" and 1-1/8" wrenches and short 10" crescent wrenches that open up to same dimensions.  Was able to get new hose made with screw on fittings at local Hydraulic Supply house ($130 for 6 foot hose with fittings) and almost as difficult to reinstall the line.

Good news is it solved my problem, even though only one hose was leaking the two front air bags are connected through a small air tank with no valve to prevent both from going down and so once the front bags went down the rear passenger side went down also due to the weight compressing the rear bags.  Thought they were leaking somewhere also but not the case.

Hope this helps someone else and can short circuit their problem.

I'll try to followup with picture underneath of new and another original line.  Original lines are black with crimped fittings and are cloth exterior, new (blue line above) is polyester with screw on fittings.

Now I'm wondering how likely are the other large cloth lines that are crimped will fail in the near term or was this one just an anomaly.  Any remarks of similar failures are welcome to know the frequency of failures of these type of lines.  Mine are 12 yrs old (07 Dynasty).  Thanks for all the help it is much appreciated.

That hose connects to a suspension air bag? Usually those are Synflex with push locks. That Looks like a brake hose to one of the chambers.

I am now replacing the four air bags on the drive axel due to one bag leaking on the drive axel. The right front appeared to be having a problem with the ride height valve, the right front would stay high for several days while the left rear sank down. The valve did have a problem because a mud dauber built nest in the exhaust port not letting any air out of the front bags. Turned out the left rear drive axel bag was leaking small amount of air, all six of the rear bags are 30 years old, so time to replace all. Hope the new ones will last another 30 LOL.^_^ One other note, one of the best air leak detector is a smoker, he just blows a puff of smoke towards the fittings, then watches for movement within the smoke, please don't start smoking to find leaks, plenty of smokers already exist.

Here are pics of a new line installed (yes, they are 1"" lines) going to passenger front rear airbag and original line going to drivers side front airbag on '07 Monaco Dynasty. 

IMG_4751.JPG

IMG_4752.JPG

In the first picture you need to put some grommet on the edge where the hose is rubbing/chafing hard. It does look like you could use a stand off spacer under the clamp to help reposition it. 

Bill