Sign in to follow this  
Trynforpar

FMCA Placard Installation

I am a newbie to FMCA and just received the placards to install on my motorhome. I do not want to drill holes in my new unit and looking for other suggestions.

Golfer,

You can use two sider tape. Brackets for your ladder. Suction cups to mount it on the inside of your windshield. If your state only has one license plate you could mount it where the front license plate goes.

I went to Fast Signs and had them make me decals. They can make them to stick on either the inside on the windshield or outside to stick where ever you would like. I even had them make me several smaller ones for my tow vehicle and golf cart.

Endless possibilities.

Welcome to FMCA. Have you found a Chapter yet?

Herman

Welcome to FMCA and the Forum! :)

If you want to mount one now, you can do as Herman said, use double stick tape. You can also drill 2 holes, one on each side (long way) off plate and mount on ladder with electric ties & order the bracket (2-4 week delivery).

As Herman asked, have you joined a chapter yet? Great way to meet people with your interests! SWG stands for Swinging Golfers, web site via Google.

Good luck and safe travels

Carl

Welcome to FMCA. Kiley Mold sells a commercial grade double sided tape. I attached my plates with the tape at least two years ago and there are no signs of it coming off.

Enjoy your membership and the many benefits the association offers. One of the very best benefits is sharing information with one another, whether on a forum, or at a chapter, area, or national event.

When I first received my plates I used tie-tie wraps through the hole of the plate and around the ladder support on the back. You can use the front supports or the back supports if you go up on the roof a lot. Those tie-ties lasted a long time then I purchased the Kiley Mold brackets. For the front, I purchased some stick on suction cups from Hobby Lobby and the front mold is on the inside of the windshield, lower right hand side in front of the passenger. It does not interfere with viewing.

I used some U bolts and a piece of aluminum bar to mount mine off to the side of the ladder.

Ditto on the U bolts and aluminum bar from Home Depot for about $7.00 and it looks great.

An alternative to the Kiley Mold product is from Plak-R. Their ladder mount is designed so the plate in the plate holder can be quickly removed to use the ladder then returned just as easily. When you remove the plate holder, the ladder is unobstructed. There are two clip pins that secure each plate and you simply remove them and the plate holder and plate lift out of the mounting brackets.

At an FMCA Rally several years ago I purchased a decal of our FMCA plate and put it on the front of the coach above the windshield. The decal was clear with the black numbers looking like they are painted on our coach. You could also get colored backgrounds if you wished. The company that did this is Simply Etched Stickers, their web site has contact information and a schedule of rallies they have attended this year. Installation was simple and the sticker still looks great after two years.

I just had Signarama make me a set of 4 vinyl ovals - no holes, looks great. The 2 extras will be held in reserve in case something happens to the ones on the coach.

We use the velcro type of picture hangers that you can remove easily by pulling a tab on the bottom. They only last a couple of years, but come off totally clean and does not disturb the paint finish at all.

Ron