dickandlois

Do Not Down Load PC Keeper Software

To All, this software got into my computer while updating my search engine.

It looks very official, but it is trouble.

Just wanted to help others avoid a problem! Been getting more then my share as of late!

Rich.

Best advice, do not download any programs to your computer without a full review of what it does, and who wrote it. I am not referring to the reviews that the advertisement comes with, they sometimes are lies just to get your attention and permission to download. Also while loading any software, go through the entire procedure one step at a time, paying attention to the items that are checked with a check mark, uncheck them especially if you do not recognize what the product is that they are trying to promote.

Go to programs and features under control panel, and look for toolbars, one toolbar at a time is usually OK, but when you find multiple ones, uninstall them, they seem nice but your search engines will slow to a crawl and your webpage just decreases in the amount of data that you really want to see.

These same toolbars not only slows the web pages, but affects all workings of the programs that are locally installed and used. I have been on location where the complaint is that my computer is just so slow and programs are not working, removed as many as seventeen toolbars, and local programs actually go back to work and are back to their original speed.

I cannot express how important it is to have a good anti-virus/firewall installed on any computer. The anti-virus programs with heuristic capability are the best. My personal preference is Norton's Internet Security. Do a Wiki search for information.

In any case, any anti-virus/Firewall suite is better than none at all.

Yes, anti-virus and anti-malware, both important, but not as an integrated program. The best anti-virus's that claim to also catch malware do not do as good a job as an anti-malware program for the malware.

Malware in todays environment can be as devastating as the virus's.

Yes! But it's primarily for software that does not have a lic. agreement with Microsoft. It does not mean the product is bad.

Just that Microsoft is not getting paid!

carl

Is anti-malware and malware-bytes the same? Because my computer says that I need anti-malware but is malware-bytes 's the same thing?? And where should I download it for free?

Is anti-malware and malware-bytes the same? Because my computer says that I need anti-malware but is malware-bytes 's the same thing?? And where should I download it for free?

Yes, Malwarebytes has several anti-malware programs -- one that scans your operating environment for malware, and one that protects common applications (browsers, Office, etc.) from known exploits. The download location is https://www.malwarebytes.org/.