Sign in to follow this  
jsramback

Ride Height Specs & Best Shocks: 2006 CC Inspire

This is my first post on forums and hope I don't make mistakes. I have a (diesel pusher) 2006 Country Coach Inspire with air suspension. It has Neway IFS upfront with air bags.

Currently it's at reputable Cat dealership for service and one item on list is checking shocks. I spent evening reading forums to get direction for resolving chassis issue. Coach rebounds excessively at overpasses. Upon inspection under coach I noticed one steering component loose and bushings worn.

Forum blogs point to damaged shocks and one must check Ride height! I have perhaps original Koni shocks and desire all support on topic in getting my coach in safe operating order. Michelin tires with seven thousand miles and front-end aligned at the time. Country Coach seem to be problematic suspension issues and after-market (strapping) used to correct.

All contact information for manufacture (products / specifications) are truly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Joseph

Joseph, welcome to the Forum!

Under Chassis, maintenance, there is a post by WILDBILL 17 Jan 16. He included a very informative link.

It will cover most all of your concerns!

Carl

jsramback,

Yes, welcome to the FMCA Forum.

I would contact Country Coach for your ride height specs unless you find them in your owners manual.

They would also be likely to be able to provide you with the best shock for your chassis. If not, you might contact Koni for their recommendation-- very possible there have been improvements/updated shocks since your chassis was built.

Koni Shocks (866) 566-4175. Justin McCoy is head of the motorhome division and is very knowledgeable.

Joseph, welcome to the Forum!

Under Chassis, maintenance, there is a post by WILDBILL 17 Jan 16. He included a very informative link.

It will cover most all of your concerns!

Carl

Thanks, that's a good link...I added it to my Favs.

jsramback,

If you contact CC for your ride height specs. also ask them for your alignment specs. at the same time. This will help when ever you have the coach aligned since they may not have the Factory Specifications.

Herman

This is my first post on forums and hope I don't make mistakes. I have a (diesel pusher) 2006 Country Coach Inspire with air suspension. It has Neway IFS upfront with air bags.

Currently it's at reputable Cat dealership for service and one item on list is checking shocks. I spent evening reading forums to get direction for resolving chassis issue. Coach rebounds excessively at overpasses. Upon inspection under coach I noticed one steering component loose and bushings worn.

Forum blogs point to damaged shocks and one must check Ride height! I have perhaps original Koni shocks and desire all support on topic in getting my coach in safe operating order. Michelin tires with seven thousand miles and front-end aligned at the time. Country Coach seem to be problematic suspension issues and after-market (strapping) used to correct.

All contact information for manufacture (products / specifications) are truly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Joseph

Welcome to the forum Joseph. You didn't say what bushings are worn but here is a link to when I replaced my sway bar bushings. It made a nice difference.

http://community.fmca.com/topic/8004-sway-bar-bushings-bad/

I expect the Cat dealer can fix your problem. If you can do the work your self it is a lot cheaper.

Also it would be helpful if you added your coach to your signature. It helps you get better answers in the future, see my signature as an example.

Bill

Country Coach Neway IFS alignment spec for my 2005 Inspire:

COUNTRY COACH ALIGNMENT SPECIFICATIONS

MHI, MHL, MIN w/ADL-120

Target

Min.

Max.

Front:

Neway IFS 144

Ride Height

6 1/2"

Shock Length

17 3/4"

17 3/4"

17 7/8"

Left Camber

0.50°

0.30°

0.70°

Right Camber

0.50°

0.30°

0.70°

Cross Camber

0.00°

-0.40°

0.40°

Left Caster

2.75°

1.75°

3.75°

Right Caster

2.75°

1.75°

3.75°

Cross Caster

-1.00°

1.00°

Left Toe

.02"

.02"

.02"

Right Toe

.02"

.02"

.02"

Total Toe

.04"

.04"

.04"

SAI ******

6.50°

5.50°

7.50°

Included Angle

7.00°

5.75°

8.00°

Front Set Back

0.00°

-0.20°

+0.20°

Turning Angle

50°

49°

50°

Rear:

Neway ADL-120

Ride Height

7 1/2"

Equalizing Beam Bottom to Frame Bottom**

19"

18.5"

19.5"

Thrust Angle

0.00°

-0.06°

+0.06°

Rear Offset

0.00"

-1/8"

+1/8"

Rear Camber

0.00°

-0.50°

+0.50°

Rear Toe (Left and Right)

0.00"

-0.15"

+0.15"

Rear Total Toe

0.00"

-0.30"

+0.30"

** Equalizing Beam Bottom to Frame Bottom height should average 19" between left side and right side, measured adjacent to and behind the axle tube. Each side to be more than 18 1/2" and less than 19 1/2" as necessary to adjust both front shocks to 17 3/4" length.

***** SAI difference from left to right may not exceed 0.75°ccc

\\ORJCFS002\Data\Departments\Engineering\Public\Chassis\Archive\Alignment Specs.xls Printed 1/10/2012