FreightLinerFever

Adding Fresh Water W/O City Water: 2015 Newmar Mountain Aire

I can't figure out how to get fresh water into my holding tank in the 2015 Mountain Aire when there is no city water to hook up to. Need to add fresh water without moving the coach while boondocking? Please help?

Here's what we do.

I took a Sureflo 12v water pump and mounted it on a old piece of plywood. Then rigged the pump with alligator clips to attach to my truck's battery. Got some plastic hose and clamps and pumped water into our coach's water tank from containers in the back of the truck.

Blake

amwilson,

When in Madison last year the volunteers didn't have water to their rigs. Since they were there for a much longer time then most their water ran very low. One of the volunteers got a 45 gallon bladder and a 110 volt pump. He put the bladder in the bed of his truck filled it at one of the buildings and pumped water to many coaches.

If you would like I will contact him to find out where he got the bladder. I know he got the pump at the local hardware store. I know that Harbor Freight and Northern Tool both have pumps.

FYI the Surflo on our coach died on me this year. I got a Surflo pump from Northern Tool for, I believe, $49.95. It have a rate of 4.0 GPM at 60 PSI. It has such good pressure, that when we are hooked up to water I fill the tank and use the pump if the water pressure it too low from the hook up.

Herman

Like others, we mounted a 12 VDC pump-- in our case on a piece of scrap plastic (would not absorb water). Then 5' of clear plastic hose on inlet with female hose fitting and 5' of clear plastic hose on outlet from pump with male hose fitting (to hook up to coach water inlet).

Can hook female/inlet end to hose or put in bucket, etc.

I can't figure out how to get fresh water into my holding tank in the 2015 Mountain Aire when there is no city water to hook up to. Need to add fresh water without moving the coach while boondocking? Please help?

There is no fresh water fill on your coach? Surprised that a 2015 would not have one. Ours is located on the opposite side of the wet bay. Has a locked panel, hard to see if you are not looking for it.

Miss information? Not sure what his real problem is!

Herman. I do the tank and pump thing also...low pressure and too high pressure With a 100 gal tank it's convenient. You'll be driving in two to three days of heavy rain to Perry. I'm now in Gladewater until the 13th. We are suppose to get 5" to 8" of rain Tues-Thurs!

Carl

You can find polyethylene sprayer tanks that are fresh water compatible at Tractor Supply or other farm supply stores. I have a 65 gallon tank equipped with fittings available from Home Depot or the like. Not cheap but the tanks last forever. There is an adapter that takes 3/4 pipe thread to hose thread. I plug mine into water hose to a utility pump (120volt) and then another hose to tank inlet. I haul that one in my pickup for spring fresh water tank fill. Also good for a pressure washer for spring cleaning. I have a 35 gallon tank equipped the same way that I place in the cargo area of our Subaru Forester for use on the road. I think a 65 gallon tank in the Subaru would create handling problems. The 120 volt pump is easiest for me because I have an outlet nearby on the utility side of the RV. If I was pulling my F-150 I would go with the 65 gallon tank. We have found ourselves in parks late season still open, but with the water shutoff. There is usually water available there or nearby. Not a long run into town. We no longer dry camp, but we used to do it often. Wish that I had figured this stuff out years ago, when we mostly dry camped.

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Storage-Tank-Light-weight-Transporting/dp/B009ONFDHE

The link above has one from Amazon, looks like you can roll it up for easy storage when not in use.

I would find it very strange your coach doesn't have a fresh water fill. Are you sure it doesn't fill through the city water connection and have a valve in the wet bay to flip that will direct the water to the tank?

ObedB. 65 in a Subaru? Yea, you would have a little problem! :wacko::blink::lol:

Bill. Gladewater is 12 miles from Longview, in Texas on Hwy. 80 north of I-20. I'm staying right where I am, in a nice big 70' x 120' barn ! All the rain will have left to East Coast by Sunday the 13th and that whole week (per NOAA) is dry, here and in Perry! Herman will be wet until Thursday this week. My coach is washed and I will wax it tomorrow in Barn! Where are you?

11 days to Forum get together!

Carl

Joe.

To answer your question. The Mountain Air has more bells and whistles than most, so yes he has a water fill off city water and he has the same side fill as I have. But, he is boondocking and needs a way to fill from bladder or a water truck...in other words a portable pump! Now, why anyone would take a High dollar coach out in the boonies is beyond my comprehension! Google Newmar.

Carl

Joe

Not the boonies, more concerts and festivals. Newmar traded the self fill feature for the auto fill feature.

I will have to pump it in.

OK, now I get it.

Some where on that brochure in very fine print I bet it says "may not be the same as actual product" I know the older Bounders have the fill door. May be a older picture, I wonder if 16 is the first year they changed.

amwilson1966, If you are going through your fresh water tank and need to pump more in you are going to need a pump out. :P

Bill